Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #41

Re: Problem With Camburg

I would like to be clear on the communication that went on here. The customer ordered the kit 3rd party from a 4wheel parts location in his area. 4Wheel Part's orders come from there corporate office, when they ordered the kit we told them 4-6 weeks. This is very rare with 4Wheel parts to have issues getting our products and this is a 1st for us, they usually stock our suspension and this was a "custom order" for them as they do not stock the van suspension. This customer canceled his order at 4 weeks and made this post before calling us. I talked to the customer because he sent me an email to this thread he started with his dissatisfaction before every calling us.
I called the customer and tried to do what I could to make him happy because he had a bad experience and thought we came to a conclusion to his issue. We are here to provide our customers the highest quality product and the products they are looking for to customize their rigs. We do not want a bad name trying to do our very best. It is extremely rare people have a bad experience with Camburg or our products and we feel this is because we do the best we can. We are learning that we can't make everyone happy and that there are many "Internet experts" who sway people from one product to another based on bad information.
There are ZERO issues with bent beams. In over 20 years with dealing with bent beams on Rangers, F-150's, Superduty's and Vans we have never had an issue. Now keep in mind our "real world testing" comes from racing putting the beams through the Baja 1000 and YEARS of racing not just one race. I don't care what anyone says, a bent beam is by far the best way to do the suspension on a van. Drop brackets may cause issues over time because they add a ton of stress to the frame of the van. Think about it the bent beam pivots in the stock location not changing the geometry where a drop bracket hangs down 5" (think of a 5" pry bar). If the van is driven on the street you will most likely not have issues but if you are going off-road and can get the van to us then bent beams would be your best option. If you can't get the van to us then a drop bracket is your only choice and is what it is.
This customer is going to use his van in Moab going off-road. If it was my van there is no way I would ever want drop brackets going over rocks and obstacles but to each is own.
So once again sorry you had issues ordering our product and that there was a communication break down.

714 848-8880
jerryzaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #42
Site Team

I want to confirm everything that Jerry has said in his post above. He did try to satisfy me and offered to do everything possible to make it right with me. He even offered to install my lift kit free, which I thought was very generous. I don't know where the communication break down occurred between Las Vegas 4Wheel Parts and Camburg. In hindsight I should have called Camburg directly but I felt confident 4Wheel parts was representing my interests and communicating for me. I had accepted Camburg's offer and was going to have them lift my van, but, because I felt uneasy and a little irritated still at the delay, I decided to have the work done by a different company. Unfortunately that means I will not be able to either confirm or deny the quality of the Camburg lift and will let Jerry's comments, and those of others who have posted on this stream, stand for themselves on that matter. For both Camburg's and my sake I'm sorry I ever had this problem. I wish Camburg all the best in their business endeavors.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #43

Mac,

Just a suggestion, but you may want to edit the first post in this thread (and possibly the title) to indicate what you've just said. That way, people browsing this forum in the future won't get a bad first impression of Camburg. Worse yet, someone may decide tl;dr and not get the complete story.

Brent
Old 12-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #44
Site Team

Good suggestion Brent. It is done. I couldn't change the title so I posted an update in my first post. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mac
Old 12-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #45

Mac,

I think you can change the title, click on the first post, click edit and change the title. Has worked for me in the past.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #46
Site Team

Re: Problem With Camburg (Resolved)

Mike:

That worked. Thanks.

Mac
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #47
Site Team

Mac,

Sorry you didn't get to see this through to a positive conclusion with Camburg, but I can understand your wanting to see your van done. It was good to see Camburg step up with their offer though.

Now we won't get to see the end results of a Camburg lifted van, and we also won't have a reason to have a SoCal SMB meet and greet, not that we actually need a reason.

Herb
Old 12-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #48

FWIW, I have had several below average experiences with Four Wheel Parts website as well as their customer support. That is why I put up my gift card last week at a discount. Glad I got rid of it.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #49
Site Team

I finally got my van lifted by Action Van/Four Wheel Tilt out of San Clemente, California and couldn't be happier. Larry at Action Van is wonderful to work with and very accommodating. I also had them put on an ARB Air Locker differential at the same time. I also understand they can put on Aluminess bumpers too, so I may have them do that in the future.

Here are some pictures:

Before lift:

After lift:

Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #50

Looks great Mac.
Now you can try Toroweap again and hopefully won't need to be winched out!

Seriously though, this is a big difference and you should be able to tackle more trails than before. Nice job.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote