Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Site Team

Problem With Camburg (Resolved)

I've been having a problem with Camburg out of Huntington Beach, California, and thought others may be having similar problems. I ordered parts for a Camburg Lift Kit on Oct 21st. Camburg said it would take a week to ship the parts. It's now Nov 24th and Camburg says it will take "a week or two" to ship my parts. That is the same story I (through 4Wheel Parts) have been getting for over a month. When asked about the delay they say "we're waiting for a part." When asked which part, they cannot specify which part they are waiting for. In other words they are giving me (us) the run around. Not once did Camburg ever call me or 4Wheel Parts to inform us of the delays. We had to contact Camburg repeatedly to ask when the parts would be shipped. I don't know what is going on at Camburg but it's not the type of service I would expect from a company such as this. Too bad! I was excited about getting my van lifted; but now I'm just irritated! Hopefully others will see this post and avoid the hassles I've had with Camburg.

UPDATE: Jerry Zaiden at Camburg made a conscientious effort to satisfy me as seen in his post on page three of this stream. To his credit he was willing to make everything right. I still don't know the truth about what happened in the communication between Camburg and 4Wheel Parts and/or between 4Wheel Parts and me. In the end I decided to have another company lift my van, but Camburg WAS willing to do whatever it took to satisfy me.

Another Update: Pictures of my Action Van lift can be seen in my post on page 4 of this stream.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #2

Re: Problem With Camburg

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the lift. Actually, I was looking forward to seeing your van with the lift and new wheels and tires.

Like you, I'm tired of waiting.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #3

Sorry you are going through this mac. I dislike 4WheelParts (Four Wheel Parts) lack of customer service. Twice, I have emailed them about something I was trying to purchase and never heard back. I have a gift card I was trying to use and their website had problems. I am going to sell it and go elsewhere.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Site Team

I've actually got great service from 4Wheel Parts here in Las Vegas. They have kept me informed about the lack of progress with Camburg and have called and called Camburg on my behalf trying to get Camburg to ship the parts. I feel bad that 4Wheel Parts has worked so hard trying to get the stuff from Camburg and now has nothing to show for their effort.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #5

Cancel the order? If this is how they treat you as a new customer...

That's really a bummer.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #6

There's other kits out there.
http://jflamecustoms.com/Products.html
Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Site Team

The delay in delivery from Camburg has given me time to reconsider whether I should do a 4x4 conversion on my van instead of lifting it. But I have concerns about that as can be read in my post at:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5214&p=51102#p51102

Now I don't know what to do!
Old 11-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Site Team

Garage

I know it's your baby (or maybe your wife's baby) but there are a lot of nice used 4x4’s out there. I know it's something to tweak your own build, but the cost saving might be worth looking into rather than converting. At 35K miles, there might be people out there looking for a 2wd camper van with that mileage. The economy at this time doesn't seem too conducive to people purchasing high dollar 4x4's but many might jump on your vehicle if the price is right. That said; there seems to be a lot of 4x4 for sale probably because of the economy and folks are making the hard decision of giving up their toys. I know it's a gamble to give up a vehicle that you’ve taken care of and know what shape the vehicle is in…nobody wants to end up with a lemon.
I agree that it’s hard to wait, but did you talk with the owner of Camburg? Negotiate if possible…tell them you want to be compensated for the delay. Maybe a good discount might be worth the wait. If they blow you off and are that messed up of a company, maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. Good luck.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #9

Problem With Camburg

I agree with Dave here. You are not too far from Camburg, so I would ask them to install the kit for free for the delay? It's worth a shot? I have heard great things about Camburg's customer service so keep us posted!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Site Team

I've sent the link to this post to the Camburg guys. The ball is definitely in their court. It would take a significant propitiation from them now to satisfy me. So I'm waiting to see if I hear back from them.