Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #11

Hi JWA, no we did not, the rear frame at this point is supported bye the trailer hitch. We could not see anyway of adding the under floor storage and installing another brace.

Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
A few years ago I was having trouble fueling my van - the gas nozzle kept popping off due to back pressure. Turns out the vent for that charcoal canister was totally plugged with dirt.

Thanks for this! I have this same very annoying issue....and I'll check the vent.

For the California folks in this thread......there's no issue relocating the carbon canister as far as the smog police go? I guess we'll find out over time if CA folks have remounted them.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #13

With luck, I can relocate the canister this weekend and maybe post some pictures.

I doubt wackifornia smog inspection would notice the canister is mounted on a new bracket, and rotated 90 degrees. For petrol (it has been my experience) they check for the EPA sticker, emissions, fugitive vapors, and dashboard lights.
Lehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #14

Garage
I am having the same issue as BoyWonder and deserteagle above.

At first I only had trouble when filling the tank at Costco or some other station that seemed to have the pressure cranked up. Now, just about every time I fill up I have to keep the key turned and the dash lit so I can see the fill gauge from outside. If I just put the nozzle in the filler neck and squeeze the trigger, it will shut off in about 3 seconds. So, I go through all these contortions to swivle the nozzle and pray it takes gas.

I have been watching some videos of other vehicles having this problem.
What is the best way to troubleshoot this obvious gas venting problem?
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #15

I wonder if you can narrow down the problem by temporarily disconnecting the charcoal canister intake pipe the next time you fill up with gas? If the problem goes away, you have your culprit.

FYI, my Sportsmobile had that slow-fill problem for the last 10 gallons of my custom TransferFlow tank when it was new from the Sportsmobile factory. Years later I finally got someone to "fix" it, and then I started seeing trouble with my charcoal canister getting flooded with liquid gas when climbing steep hills.

-- Geoff
Old 05-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #16

Skyrat......I've found that here in the land of vapor recovery gas pumps...that pulling on the vapor recovery boot while squeezing the gas pump handle gets longer fill intervals before the pump clicks off....and you can here the pressure release.

Of course, very shortly we will all have this issue fixed and I won't have to do this any longer.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote