Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Replacement Rear End

Hello All,
So my 2008 E350 Ext SMB came stock with a Dyna 60HD semi floater rear end. Which I felt was a little to small for my 10000Lb SMB. Also my van had 2in spacers on the rear to match it up with the Dynatrac front Axel which is 4ins wider. I have had issues with spacers in the past and wanted to delete those.
So I decided to Change it, and the search began.
I look at everything even GMs corporate 14bolt. Nothing would have matched up without a ton of Fab work and i wasn't interested in that. Allas I found a Ford Dyna 70HD Full Floater with Posi. and it matched up perfectly only deference ws the shock mounts were lower so a set of new shocks and it bolted right in. It is also 4in wider so no need for those spooky spacers.
I have put about 1500 miles on the replacement and it is perfect.

I found the rear end at a wrecking yard in Ridgecrest Ca. in a 2009 F450 with low miles,
Including Shipping, Labor and shocks Im all in for $2300.
Money well spent IMO.

I should also add,
I bought this Van 3 months ago with 50,000 miles on it, the stock reared was in bad shape. I don't know why but Im sure some was bad maintenance or lack of. Hard saying not knowing. Fixing the old one would have cost more than I spent.

Have a great day
R

Old 04-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #2

I have one of these axles out of a 2004 CC (4:10 with Fords posi "Power loc") for sale in Colorado If anyone is interested. It has not been rebuilt but I have the parts to do so still sealed in the packaging. New drilled & slotted rotors (but not calipers) also no new R & P

$1,700 The new parts are over $1,100
Attached Thumbnails
Dana 70 carrier rebuild parts.jpg   Dana 70 posi rebuild kit.jpg   Dana 70 parts box.jpg   Dana 70 parts.jpg   slotted & drilled rotor.jpg  

Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote