Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #11

Garage
Re: Reunel Rehab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
I'm just glad I never had to lift those damn things. They seemed heavy based on all the whining from my friends.
Thanks for never offering up the use of your floor jacks or jack stands that day, but your broken arm was certainly good enough to lift some beer bottles!
classic! sounds oh so familiar...

front bumper looks great! kinda sucks you gotta hide that purdy winch, but im sure it will last a lot longer not being directly exposed to the elements. look forward to seeing the rear setup.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Awesome John, that's just awesome. A true home build van bumper! If you had used a 4x4 post instead you could bolt a winch to it!

The 4x4 didn't look right, too small for the mounting plates. We couldn't scrounge a 6x6. That would have been pure bliss. Mandi couldn't stand the "natural" look so she dredged up an old can of Rustoleum to make it OEM like.

I wanted to cut the sides into points and screw the remnants to the front for a more aggressive appearance but this was last minute. Never enough time to do things right. During our 8 hour drive nothing came close to matching our unique style, we see a business opportunity.

-John
Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
They seemed heavy based on all the whining from my friends.[/b]
Thanks for never offering up the use of your floor jacks or jack stands that day, but your broken arm was certainly good enough to lift some beer bottles!
See, what'd I tell you guys about the whining?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #14
Site Team

Scotty, it looks like your front tow hooks do not have the little spring keepers on them. I would really recommend getting some.

Nothing worse than pulling someone else out from being stuck, or getting pulled, and having the tow strap continually falling off because there's no tension on it. Makes a bad situation much worse.

Herb
Old 08-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #15

Thanks Herb, I'll look into it. I already noticed though, my bolts are not coming outta there very easily.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #16

Looks awesome!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #17

I can't wait to see the rear/tire carrier setup....I'm sure you have something good up your sleeve.

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote