Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #1

Seating Questions

WOW,
Thanks all for everything, please keep it coming.
I also looking for some assistance with installing some seats.
My van is a EB "work" van so all I have are the front seats, which are also being replaced with Corbeau seats as soon as i figure out how to mount them (having a really hard time getting them to work).
Also looking to purchase some captain chairs (along with the mounting hardware) for the second set, then in the very back I'm trying to find and install a bench/bed.
All of the seats need, seat belts & mounting hardware, so if anyone has advice on any of this, seats, seat belts, hardware or on how to set this all up, please speak up.
Thanks SMF Members!

I'll try & post all of our progress on our family dream, when we have some.....
AdventureRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Site Team

I have 3 extra leather Captains seats that I'm willing to sell, with the male quick release pedestal on them. What I do not have are the female brackets that remain attached to the van floor.

According to Peter at SMBw, they are factory Ford quick release pedestals, but I have not verified that with any of my local Ford parts departments. Hopefully I'll do that soon.

Herb
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #3

Bronco Hauler

I'm defiantly interested in the chairs but I would need to find out where to locate the bases.... Also can you email me some pic's of the seats??
Thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #4

seats

Adventurerider,

All the Ford vans were built using the same die, regardless of there final designation as a cargo, or window, or passenger van. If you look under the van floor, you will see several round meatal bungs that are factory welded in place. These are located in groups of four which alows the captains chairs or bench seats to be installed. You may check with SMB, as they have several old bases for both seats. I also have an extra 3 peson bench seat. Locating the bungs takes a little measuring, but can be done. It is how I mounted my seats. My van was sposed to be a window passenger van, but due to Ford, I was only able to get a window cargo van. The seat belt bolts, some of which botl in to the wall and upper roof area are all there.

Eli
Old 08-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #5

Get a hold of Eddie Percic at Quadvan 503-236-1199. Last time I was there he had a couple of folding bench seats that made into beds. I can't remember if they were for sale but he could tell you where to find them. He also has seat belt sets for the vans and some benches. One thing I found out is that the seat belts are position specific. They look the same but have pins positioned in such a way that they cannot be easily moved from mount to mount. I'm talking about the shoulder belts not the ones mounted to the seats.
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Re: Seating Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureRider
WOW,
My van is a EB "work" van so all I have are the front seats, which are also being replaced with Corbeau seats as soon as i figure out how to mount them (having a really hard time getting them to work).
Also looking to purchase some captain chairs (along with the mounting hardware) for the second set, then in the very back I'm trying to find and install a bench/bed.
All of the seats need, seat belts & mounting hardware, so if anyone has advice on any of this, seats, seat belts, hardware or on how to set this all up, please speak up.
Thanks SMF Members!
I'm going to write up and post my experience with my new captain chairs but haven't been able to take some pics (bad excuse) but anyhoo here is a short excerpt:

I bought and installed 3 chairs for http://www.discountvantruck.com/
Two captain chairs and a 3rd smaller child seat.
I first saw them on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-NEW-ME ... enameZWDVW

I was worried if they'd fit or not so they had me visit their installer near City of commerce in LA. It was actually a huge third party manufacturer of custom leather/vinyl/exotic material RV/Truck Seats. They make the nicest leather/leatherlike seats for other vehicles (RVs,Mercedes, Sprinters, Limo's etc.) After checking out all the material samples and other chairs ready to be shipped, I ordered a custom captain chairs with a third seat to fit in the middle (only ~$1k for everything).
The Manager who runs the shop was really helpful in every way. I left them one passenger chair just in case and it took about a week and half and my custom captain chair based on the Megallen line was done. They even installed it for me with their straight forward conversion plate that made it compatible with the swivel I already had.

I was going to get real leather but after checking out all the close to leather samples, I went with the more durable and more leather-like and softer vinyl material. The color was a deep marine blue matching my Sporto's blue interior theme.

I didn't plan on the third seat (child seat) but after seeing it, I had to have it. It comes with a seat belt and matches the leather completely.
They provided a neat bolt on system and had me visit a shop that helped bolt on the floor plate thru the floor($100.00 labor). It works with the bracket that secures the third seat. With that plate in I actually built up the the floor level and hid the plates with a laminate wood flooring. When I need to use the third seat, I just remove the hidden panels, place the third seat in, couple the other half of the floor seat clamp and tighten the knob to secure it (two clamps with tightening knobs).

In short, you might want to call up discountvantruck and ask to visit their shop and see what they have as far as a back bench seat or even captain chairs. Check out: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/discountvantruck/

I'm pretty happy with the captain chairs and the experience in doing it the way I did. I didn't just want to order the seats and have them drop shipped with the worries of it not fitting but it worked out.
I'll take some pics and post a full review soon.
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #7

Thanks to all of you, still trying to get all this worked out, please keep the post's & pic's coming.
Cheers
Jamie
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Re: Seating Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureRider
WOW,
Thanks SMF Members!
I'm going to write up and post my experience with my new captain chairs but haven't been able to take some pics (bad excuse) but anyhoo here is a short excerpt:

I bought and installed 3 chairs for http://www.discountvantruck.com/
Two captain chairs and a 3rd smaller child seat.
I first saw them on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-NEW-ME ... enameZWDVW

I was worried if they'd fit or not so they had me visit their installer near City of commerce in LA. It was actually a huge third party manufacturer of custom leather/vinyl/exotic material RV/Truck Seats. They make the nicest leather/leatherlike seats for other vehicles (RVs,Mercedes, Sprinters, Limo's etc.) After checking out all the material samples and other chairs ready to be shipped, I ordered a custom captain chairs with a third seat to fit in the middle (only ~$1k for everything).
The Manager who runs the shop was really helpful in every way. I left them one passenger chair just in case and it took about a week and half and my custom captain chair based on the Megallen line was done. They even installed it for me with their straight forward conversion plate that made it compatible with the swivel I already had.

I was going to get real leather but after checking out all the close to leather samples, I went with the more durable and more leather-like and softer vinyl material. The color was a deep marine blue matching my Sporto's blue interior theme.

I didn't plan on the third seat (child seat) but after seeing it, I had to have it. It comes with a seat belt and matches the leather completely.
They provided a neat bolt on system and had me visit a shop that helped bolt on the floor plate thru the floor($100.00 labor). It works with the bracket that secures the third seat. With that plate in I actually built up the the floor level and hid the plates with a laminate wood flooring. When I need to use the third seat, I just remove the hidden panels, place the third seat in, couple the other half of the floor seat clamp and tighten the knob to secure it (two clamps with tightening knobs).

In short, you might want to call up discountvantruck and ask to visit their shop and see what they have as far as a back bench seat or even captain chairs. Check out: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/discountvantruck/

I'm pretty happy with the captain chairs and the experience in doing it the way I did. I didn't just want to order the seats and have them drop shipped with the worries of it not fitting but it worked out.
I'll take some pics and post a full review soon.
Here are some pics of the Ebay Captain Chairs:

Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote