Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #11

Re: Sliders with a Powered Step all done and way cool

Hey Guys,
I am getting ready for SEMA and trying to squeeze in a couple more night shifts at the hospital but I will try to snap some photos from under the rig.

I really think anyone could install these as long as you had a helper around...they are long and would be really hard to lift & place by yourself.

The strip is a 90deg bit of metal that bolts along the body, then you place the slider and mark for the lower set of holes.
Then it is simple bolt up.

Having lived with these for a bit now I love them more than just about anything else on the rig. And that isn't just amputee talk there, my wife, my kids, and anyone else who gets in the rig talks about those step slider for the first 15 min
And that is with the slow motor in the prototype.

Once they are able to get the fast motor these things will be amazing...to go from 4 sec to 1.5sec time on the step will be huge.

The LED light is great to see what is around you as far as rocks & tripping hazards.

With SEMA next week I have not done any hard core weight bearing test but you can bet right after I will

I have also found these are nice for being able to shuffle step along for reaching the upper roof area.

I really hope these guys get enough interest to keep making these step sliders as they are very well done and work great. It will be nice to show them to SMB West at SEMA so new builds can get them also.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisabledExplorers
Hey Guys,
I am getting ready for SEMA and trying to squeeze in a couple more night shifts at the hospital but I will try to snap some photos from under the rig.

I really think anyone could install these as long as you had a helper around...they are long and would be really hard to lift & place by yourself.

The strip is a 90deg bit of metal that bolts along the body, then you place the slider and mark for the lower set of holes.
Then it is simple bolt up.

Having lived with these for a bit now I love them more than just about anything else on the rig. And that isn't just amputee talk there, my wife, my kids, and anyone else who gets in the rig talks about those step slider for the first 15 min
And that is with the slow motor in the prototype.

Once they are able to get the fast motor these things will be amazing...to go from 4 sec to 1.5sec time on the step will be huge.

The LED light is great to see what is around you as far as rocks & tripping hazards.

With SEMA next week I have not done any hard core weight bearing test but you can bet right after I will

I have also found these are nice for being able to shuffle step along for reaching the upper roof area.

I really hope these guys get enough interest to keep making these step sliders as they are very well done and work great. It will be nice to show them to SMB West at SEMA so new builds can get them also.
I want it!
I think all of us want to see more pics of it also..

Thanks
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #13

A demo of it sliding over a rock.

I want one under my barn doors.

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
A demo of it sliding over a rock.
I want them too, but that video is more like them getting scratched on a rock- note that the body of the jeep never alters height, which means they found exactly the right size rock where the suspension would still have most of the weight. In the real world if you hit a rock it's going to be enough to hang the vehicle on, or because you slid into it sideways.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
note that the body of the jeep never alters height, which means they found exactly the right size rock where the suspension would still have most of the weight.
Looks like the 2nd rock is taller than the body. That being said, I've come down on the slider (Warn) on my Jeep hard enough to just about shake my teeth loose. No damage. I agree, that's the test I would like to see.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta

Any follow-ups? Did anyone actually buy a set?

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta
Any follow-ups? Did anyone actually buy a set?

Z
I followed up with Rock Slide Engineering and just heard back that they now have the fast motor figured out and the plug & play control module.
I ask about getting a set of the new motors so I can do another video for you guys.

I have tried them out a couple of times on some mild rocks with no issues. Next will come the bigger test and I might try to make that happen this weekend.

The Disabled Explorers WAVE (wheelchair accessible van for expeditions) will be at the San Diego Auto Show Dec 30-Jan 2 if anyone wants to come by
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #18

Sliders with a Powered Step all done and way cool

Ok if we can get 5 people to order, we can place the order.
I'm in, who else is in?
FamilyWagon is offline   Reply With Quote