Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #81

A proper cupholder

Yesterday's project: a proper cupholder for our MB SMB. The cupholder came from the local auto parts place for $10. The base is cut from a piece of the floor that I removed when I took out the original crew interior. Works much better than MB's poor excuse for a cupholder.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3436.jpg  

Klompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:09 AM   #82

Hi, I just wondered if you have any idea what these beds/ mattresses weigh? I want to replace my tiny couch with something of this type ( mine is the original and very heavy!) I’d also like to reduce the weight by replacing the plywood base with something lighter but strong. Any thoughts on this? I have to lift it up to get to both water and batteries!!!
Thanks,
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieKat View Post
Hi, I just wondered if you have any idea what these beds/ mattresses weigh? I want to replace my tiny couch with something of this type ( mine is the original and very heavy!) I’d also like to reduce the weight by replacing the plywood base with something lighter but strong. Any thoughts on this? I have to lift it up to get to both water and batteries!!!
Thanks,
ConnieKat

You might want to look at this site for some ideas. This guy uses foam for building light weight cabinets. Maybe you could adapt some of his ideas for making a light weight bed frame.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A&&FORM=VDRVRV
Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #84

Hi jage,
I would like to do something to add a bit of extra floor space. What I have in mind is a section of flooring that I can put on a hinge, and drop down from the side of my kitchen cabinet ( at floor level) to cover up the well where the step is. I plan to install a swivel on the passenger seat, so I thought this would help in making the use of the chair more comfortable to use.
Likely safer as well!!
Has anyone else done, or thought of doing this? If
so I’d really like to know what your approach was.
Thanks to all,
ConnieKat
Old 08-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #85

Charlie56
Try the Trans-Labrador highway in northern Canada!
We got “ Flying Coffeepots” in addition to the rest of
things! The bungee worked well for that too.
ConnieKat
Old 12-19-2020, 02:16 PM   #86

Garage
RV Level, Voltmeter and 12v outlets

We're getting the van ready for longer trips, and I wanted to find a way to level the van more easily. We can get it close enough for comfort without a level, but we have found the propane frig works much better when it is closer to level.

Currently we use a phone app with the phone sitting on top of the kitchen counter. The problem is I can't see the readout from the driver's seat. Sometimes mrs. dhally uses an empty soda can on the countertop. Either way, there is a data communications gap with these methods.

So I found a device called RV Level and it works pretty well. It is a printed circuit mounted in a plastic enclosure and uses USB for power. Then a phone app to monitor level via bluetooth.

Here's the unit - it has LED's and can be used without bluetooth as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv-level-4-rv-leveling-system.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	37541

Here is my "electrical panel" to house the RV Level and an outlet to power it. I also added a voltmeter for fun. The outlets can be used for other things when camping.

Name:	20200712_212916.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	37543

Name:	20200712_212925.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	37544

Name:	20201028_173828_Film2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	37542

The RV Level works pretty well, although I need to re-initialize the bluetooth every time I use it. It's also a challenge to calibrate it. I levelled up the van using a carpenter level on the floor to get the initial calibration. The nice thing about the app is it shows how many inches of levelling block I need at each corner, so I only have to do the blocks once.

The voltmeter is fairly useless, as expected.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:08 PM   #87

You’ll Laugh!

All I have is two small plastic levels attached to my walls,
that read side to side.....and front to back! I’ve actually never had a problem lining mine up ( maybe I can feel it?)
But don’t have propane anyway. Silly perhsps, but this setup seems to work quite well.
ConnieKat
Old 12-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #88

Garage
I mounted my Element fire extinguisher to the driver side seat base. Easy to reach in an emergency. For those of you who are not familiar with this extinguisher it's 80% smaller and 5 times the discharge time of traditional dry chemical extinguishers. Check out the link Element Revolutionary Fire Safety
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF5156.jpg  
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 01:49 PM   #89

Installed air compressor and air tank under body on frame. ARB air connector fits nicely to radiator body support and clears hood. 1997 e350
geogreg is offline   Reply With Quote