Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2022, 02:30 PM   #1

SMB EB Penthouse DIY Install

Hey everyone! Finally found a used smb eb pop top for my eb e350 (thanks vandiesel) and I'm getting everything I need to start the project.

I haven't been able to track down the dimensions/cuts needed, there's tons of useful info on this forum, but I can't seem to find an example of an eb top going on an eb van.

Does anyone have the measurements for the roof cut on an EB van for an EB SMB top?

And if not, would anyone with an eb be willing to do a rough measurement of the distance from the back gutter to the back of the hole, and possibly windshield to front of the hole. I think this might be kind of hard with the canvas in the way but couldn't hurt to ask.

If I can't find any info I'll just go for it and I'll at least document the process for the enjoyment of the group

Old 07-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #2

Can’t provide measurements, but I saw videos of the general install.
They cut out a hole that’s surely smaller than needed, but big enough to stand in. Then they put the top on and marked it from the inside.

But I never did it and so I don’t know if you can clearly identify the right position only from the outside…
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:30 PM   #3

If anyone has pictures and/or details of adding the second roof cross member behind the B pillar cross member that would be helpful too. There is a thread on here somewhere with some pics but it was a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure on the EB the cutout starts right behind the cross member that's added right behind the B pillar cross member; confirmation of this would be very helpful.

The OP also needs the front-to-rear location and length of the "extra-wide" cutouts for the crossbars.

I've provided the OP the hole cut-out for an RB body but he needs cutout details for an EB.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:36 PM   #4

If I have some time tomorrow I’ll measure for you.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote