Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #1

Starlight Porch Motion Sensing Light

At the suggestion of Daveb I am posting this information in a little more detail for those of you that are looking for a true plug and play good LED Porch Light Replacement , made by
http://www.starlightsinc.com . The beauty of this light is that you remove existing Bargman Porch light that comes with your SportsMobile and using the same screw holes that are predrilled in your Van and replace with the Starlight . They provide the screws and needed Butt connectors in the kit and make the change out a very simple affair , about 20 minutes . This light is not only adjustable for sensitivity but will give a means of monitoring a low a low battery condition via its indicator lights that are easily seen while outside your vehicle . Blue is daytime , Green is at night and Red would indicate that your battery is at 11.5 volts at which point the light does not function and you can make provision's for recharging your battery . Be sure to specify LED
when ordering or you will get the energy robbing incandescent like the one provided with your stock light . As near as I can tell this relative bright light only draws 1/10 of an Amp per hour and the motion sensor is really amazing for those of you wishing for security and the light is available in Black or White . I finally posted a couple photos in my Gallery of the installation .
In fact SportsMobile is now offering this light as an option , be sure to specify the LED Bulb
Greggde
PS You can operate this light as a normal Porch Light as well by simply turning the existing switch inside your Van on and off like your stock light .

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #2

Re: Starlight Porch Motion Sensing Light

Greggde - it sounds really like a great product. However, I went to the website and I couldn't find it (I must be a bad searcher). What is the name of it on the website and/or can you provide a direct link to it? Thanks.

Geoff
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #3

Garage

I believe you meant http://www.starlightsinc.com. The porch light I think you are describing is here.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #4

SteveInLA is correct, the site is http://www.starlightsinc.com .I just got of the phone with Jason and he told me that he will soon have a 300 Lumen bulb for these light's . The current bulb is rated at 200 lumen's and is very efficient but they have had request's for additional illumination . He will also soon have a durable LED replacement for the Slim Line type of Fluorescent's that we have incorporated into our Vans and will not require any change to the existing wiring . Really a very knowledgeable young man and I urged him to become pro active as a forum Vendor .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote