Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #1

Trim maintenance products

For any of you that might be interested in the maintenance of the Black Trim items , Plastic and Powdered Coated bumpers , racks , rock guards and awning parts and the cleaning and upkeep of your tires and vinyl/leather interior items , I have posted photograph's of these products which contain no harsh chemical's in my Gallery . They prevent the graying from exposure
to ultraviolet that we all encounter and these product's are widely used by professional detailers and numerous people with Concourse quality vehicle's .
I have personally used these products for a number of years and at the urging of the guy's at Sportsmobile thought that I would share this information with you . These products are not diluted as many of the over the counter product's that we have all purchased from time to time are and inexpensive to boot . On another note , any of you that are currently using one of the new wonder wax/polishes my want to reconsider as these man made polymer's will yellow with time as they do not penetrate your painted surface's , they coat them !
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #2

Re: Trim maintenance products

Where do you get them? I'm contemplating pulling the billet grille for a paint job. It's really grey. The stuff I've bought a Walmart has been pretty useless.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #3

Joanna ,
The company's name is the Wax Depot 1 (800) 336-4379
Web Sight is www.waxdepot.com
owners name is Dale Seal and is a very helpful and knowledgable . If you explain to him the problem that you are trying to rectify he will tell you what products work best .
Greggde
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #4

I don't know what grill you have but we have the billet grill and it's attached with only a couple screws. We yanked it and painted it. Took only a hour. Looks 100x's better.

Careful if you use any products on your dash if you haven't used anything before. Many times a dash can crack in the sun if you've never used any type of 'armor all' type product in the past.

For our paint we use Prima showcar wax and polishes.

Oh yeah and off road trucks don't get tire dressing!!!!!!!!! That's just wrong!
2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #5

These products do not contain any Silicone ! cracking would not be an issue and as far as tire
dressing you are well served with preserving the integrity of the compounds now used in modern tire's . This is not a high gloss ghetto type shine , merely a preservative to condition
the rubber. And they are anti static as well .
greggde
Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #6

I hear you Greg. I was just razzing you on the tire shine... that's good that the dash won't crack upon usage.
2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote