Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #31

Garage
Sorry for the long delay on my reply here! Rotopax makes extenders that allow you to run additional mounts. In the picture above, you will see that there is a threaded hole on the center of the oval shaped extensions. You just thread an extender in an and youve added an extension that easy. In the photo above I have one extension set threaded in for 2 fuel can capacity. My final locking piece is not shown in this picture. And yes, you can get and I have a lock on one side to keep the cans from disappearing, that is an option from Rotopak. I did a 4 day 150 mile off road excursion across Death Valley including Mengal Pass and the rig held up perfectly. I've only run with 2, 4 gal Rotopax under there so far but I have the third if I feel I need some additional extra fuel under there.

Glenn P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:15 PM   #32

Garage
Here's the photo with the full stack of 3 mounted.

Glenn P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:34 PM   #33

Nice!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:54 PM   #34

Has anyone installed an air compressor and a tank in the factory spare tire space?
Old 06-22-2021, 06:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Has anyone installed an air compressor and a tank in the factory spare tire space?

Seems like it would fit easily along the side rails of the frame, leaving you the roomy area for other uses. That said, U-joint makes a rear skid plate for that area that allows you to mount just about anything there and keep it protected. https://www.ujointoffroad.com/produc...d-for-eb-vans/
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Yes, I have viaair twin compressors, 200psi air tank, ~16 gal fresh water tank, and water pump all in that space. If you are careful, you can fit a ton of stuff in their. Had to make my own mounting frame for it all.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #37
Site Team

U Joint has a rear skid that can serve as a mounting shelf for accessories.

https://www.ujointoffroad.com/produc...d-for-eb-vans/

U Joint , and others, also have the rear underfloor storage box.

https://www.ujointoffroad.com/produc...floor-storage/
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...-x32-6108.html
Old 06-29-2021, 06:07 AM   #38

I’m in the process of relocating my spare tire to the swing arm on my new bumper. The fabricator of said bumper asked if I’d considered that removing the spare tire mounting hardware would lessen the strength/integrity of the rear end. Had to admit I never thought of it. But it did raise my curiosity level,

I’ve read through a few threads on what to do with the newly found storage area but I’ve not seen frame integrity discussed. Has anyone seen a thread on this topic? Or thought about it?

'06 E350 6.0 PSD EB-50 4x4
'04 KTM 525 EXC. '12 SkiDoo Summit ETEC 800
'76 Ford Hi-Boy, '72 Baja Bug, '83 CJ 7
GunniLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:13 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunniLuv View Post
I’m in the process of relocating my spare tire to the swing arm on my new bumper. The fabricator of said bumper asked if I’d considered that removing the spare tire mounting hardware would lessen the strength/integrity of the rear end. Had to admit I never thought of it. But it did raise my curiosity level,

I’ve read through a few threads on what to do with the newly found storage area but I’ve not seen frame integrity discussed. Has anyone seen a thread on this topic? Or thought about it?

If you add a receiver hitch to the rear it will serve as reinforcement and should more than make up for cutting out any structure. U-joint also offers a replacement weld-in brace as part of their rear skid plate kit (which also requires cutting out the tire mount).
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:39 AM   #40

Are you able to vent those Rotopax eaisly mounted under the van?
spoxbrain is offline   Reply With Quote