Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #101

I had replacement wheels put on
I had the tires rotated (4-way due to poor wear pattern on the fronts) Next week an alignment.
I changed the oil and made a mess in the driveway.
I built shelves in the EB50 closet.
I found a broken Aluminess bracket exactly like Velogeo's.
Experimented between Gorilla Glue and Epoxy to hold on the velcro for the rear screens.

charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #102

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
I replaced the shore power connector on the side of the van. The first step of which is driving away from a camp site while still plugged in.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:02 AM   #103

From Velogeo:

Quote:
I replaced the shore power connector on the side of the van. The first step of which is driving away from a camp site while still plugged in
I'm glad I am not the only idiot. The first time I unplugged the van in pouring rain at Deception Pass State Park in Washington, I didn't know that you had to rotate the plug to get it out of the socket. Ended up pulling the entire socket assembly out of the van which fell in pieces in the mud.

I had to buy a new plug since I couldn't find all the pieces in the mud and water.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #104

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
For connecting power...

our Fire Dept uses small breakaway pigtails that will pull away instead of breaking the cable or recepticle. Our newest rigs, will automatically eject the line when you start the rig. Just a FYI for ideas.

Joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #105

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
Re: For connecting power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrray
our Fire Dept uses small breakaway pigtails that will pull away instead of breaking the cable or recepticle. Our newest rigs, will automatically eject the line when you start the rig. Just a FYI for ideas.
I guess my rip the outlet out of the side of the van system isn't the best way after all. I think I'll be building one of those pigtails this weekend. Thanks Joe.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #106

Charlie...

What did you make your shelves out of? That is on "to do list" also...
Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #107

I finally solved an on-going squeak between the refrigerator and the outside van wall. When I determined this as the source of the squeak years ago, I shoved a rubber door stop up between the wall and the refrigerator. This solved the problem until the door stop fell out. I then wired it in place which would solved the problem for a few months. Here is the current solution:

The rubber door stop is attached to the steel brace using a long machine screw with washers on each side of the rubber on each side of the door stop and locked in place with nuts. That keeps the pressure from ripping the machine screw out of the door stop. The assembly was then screwed to the refrigerator cabinet using short wood screws.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #108

I'm a few days late posting this, but added both six and four prong trailer pigtails to my SMB. So, now have the RV style for my car trailer and whatever, the six prong for the frigg'n horse trailer and other farm type trailers, and the simple four prong for my motorcycle trailer. So, I'm pretty much covered, trailer lighting-wise. I've tried adapters for years, but they never seem to work right (perhaps a turn doesn't work, or trailer brakes, etc.). Now, everything works as it should.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #109

Installed a new 4D battery. Went low-rent as bought a Interstate 4D-HD. Its not maintenence free. However, at only $160, it seemed like a good deal. Now with my fridge running all night long (trying to super cool down a freshly loaded fridge before camping this weekend), the battery level indicator on my solar display shows the batt only drops one level (still in the green). With the old batt, it got so bad that the batt would drop into the red if the sun wasn't high in the sky. Changed both oil filters last night and topped off with more Amsoil.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #110

Installed new auxiliary driving lights. Here is the post: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=11847.