Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #1501

Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

It's not what I did to my SMB, it's what I did for my SMB. Excavated 40 yards of soil, dumped 13 tons of crushed rock, and built 2 retaining walls over the last week to create a new parking spot for "Blanca". Now have to figure out a carport to keep her out of the weather.

Attached Thumbnails
P1010883 (Small).JPG   P1020098 (Small).JPG  

sbgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #1502
tlg

Garage

Added two 12" collapsible clothes rods to the rear penthouse bed section. The rods will be utilized to hang clothes/towels. Purchased from OrganizedObie. Installation was done via four 1/2" screws in each rod base. The rods were centered on the penthouse bed section.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg
Added two 12" collapsible clothes rods to the rear penthouse bed section. The rods will be utilized to hang clothes/towels. Purchased from OrganizedObie. Installation was done via four 1/2" screws in each rod base. The rods were centered on the penthouse bed section.
Great idea and also thanks for letting us know where you got it from. OrganizedObie looks like it has some good products/solutions. I have a feeling I'll be placing an order soon.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #1504

Garage

Today I finished the installation of two replacement solar panels up on top. Got juice! Pics to follow in a separate thread.

Just hadda tell someone today!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #1505

Garage

Been a busy (aka $$$) month or so getting Agnes to where I want her...
-Aluminess Front/Rear bumpers installed along with Bike Swingarm/Galley box
-Aluminess ladder - driver side
-Deka 4D AGM installed
-LED lighting in the Bullet lights
-pulled the stock rusty tubular step bars and installed Carr Hoop Steps front doors only

Still need to get around to spraying the PH w/ the Raptor kit I have in the garage, no leaks but the clear coat on the PH is flaking bad...

And, I managed to get in a few work trips to Jackson and Moab the last few weeks with the van and even a quick overnight campout with the kids. Next on the agenda - OuterBike Fest down in Maob this week
Old 09-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #1506

So last night was the first "camping" trip. We headed out to Sequim Bay State Park and got really lucky, space 81 facing the bay. Best site in the whole camp group. Got some firewood, enjoyed some tennis, than settled in for a fire and dinner. Put down the bed topper on the bottom and PH bed, what a difference it makes. New pillows to boot, thank you Costco!! Everything was going really well until about 1am when the damn propane detector began going off. Well I thought maybe it's the old batteries giving in. A sign they need to be replaced. The only draw was the frig and furnace. So I started up the van to see if it would resolve that problem. Nope - kept going off. No smell of gas what so ever. So I did a little reading, come to find out these units have a shelf life of about 5-9 years.... and this one is 98. Well I turned off the van, stuffed a pillow down there and went back to sleep. Funny thing the darn thing stopped about three am.... Slept until about 8am. Than started to think about making coffee, no problem I'll just turn on the inverter, make a pot and turn it off. That didn't work. Add to the list of things to fix once we get back home. Boiled water and manually poured it in the coffee maker. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Made oatmeal. Went for a walk to the water and than head back home.
Did some digging and found out the inverter was just not turned on....turned it on and tested it out in the drive way. Wife and I agreed, easier to enjoy perked coffee from the stove top. Ready for another trip tomorrow with dinner plans with Teddy.
At this point I have a dead carbon sensor and possibly either a dead propane sensor or two soon to be dead batteries. Put those on the list. Diag this week for another camping trip next weekend.
bshillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #1507

Propane sensors have to be very sensitive and have a nasty habit of sounding off even when they are new. On thing you could try is the thoroughly vacuum it and try to create a suction through the package so as to remove dust that has deposited itself on the sensor. Blowing is another option but ensure you have a filtered air source as it could worsen the problem. Worked for me.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #1508

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Ours goes off in Secondary Inspection at the Border Crossing because of the exhaust fumes. No wonder all the agents are a little dopey.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #1509

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshillam
... Well I thought maybe it's the old batteries giving in. A sign they need to be replaced. The only draw was the frig and furnace. ...
At this point I have a dead carbon sensor and possibly either a dead propane sensor or two soon to be dead batteries...
It sounds like you have a new-to-you van and you don't know what the voltage on your house batteries is. If so, you need one of these..

http://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3721-Ba.../dp/B000EVWDU0
Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #1510

Went to install the pop out windows after painting. The window hardware for 2 windows are missing. Went over to the paint shop to retrieve them and was informed that all my original hardware was returned. Now I need to purchase the hardware from somewhere....any help is appreciated.
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote