Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #2011

Looking good. Nice camp site too.......

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Looking good. Nice camp site too.......
Thanks Jeff - glad to hear you're still alive haha. Yeah, that's a great campsite indeed. While relaxing there, I was talking to Robb about my now unused rear tire carrier. Instead of removing it and having to do body repair to clean up all the holes, I thought why not keep it and mount a box to it? Some recovery gear, tow strap, shovel, etc.

Trying to figure that out. The mount is sturdy as hell and can obviously hold a good amount of weight. That's my next project. Just need to find a reasonably priced box in the right size.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
Thanks Jeff - glad to hear you're still alive haha. Yeah, that's a great campsite indeed. While relaxing there, I was talking to Robb about my now unused rear tire carrier. Instead of removing it and having to do body repair to clean up all the holes, I thought why not keep it and mount a box to it? Some recovery gear, tow strap, shovel, etc.

Trying to figure that out. The mount is sturdy as hell and can obviously hold a good amount of weight. That's my next project. Just need to find a reasonably priced box in the right size.
Have a similar carrier on the back of my rig to. Right now it caries a five gallon gas can. Am thinking about putting a box on it instead.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Have a similar carrier on the back of my rig to. Right now it caries a five gallon gas can. Am thinking about putting a box on it instead.
Keep me posted on your plans, research, etc.

Been Googlin' and Amazon'in for boxes. Hard to find the right size. Would prefer something 10" deep at most...still gotta double park in a city.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
Keep me posted on your plans, research, etc.

Been Googlin' and Amazon'in for boxes. Hard to find the right size. Would prefer something 10" deep at most...still gotta double park in a city.
Found my box on Craigslist. It was an electronics cabinet that I modified and sealed up. It is 31"x20"x18" deep.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #2016

What did you do to your SMB today?

Got a Best Top soft top cleaning kit and cleaned the PH walls. The set came with a bottle of cleaner, protector and a soft window cleaner/polisher.

Very happy with result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienckb View Post
Got a Best Top soft top cleaning kit and cleaned the PH walls. The set came with a bottle of cleaner, protector and a soft window cleaner/polisher.

Very happy with result.
....can you share more details about how well it worked on the PH windows?
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 PM   #2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
....can you share more details about how well it worked on the PH windows?

I will get to the windows shortly this week. I will report results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #2019

Far from exciting, but I just replaced my 7 1/2 year old DieHard Gold battery with a new Odyssey AGM 65-pc1750. I was able to use my buddy's fleet discount so it was close enough in price to the best that the auto parts store had to offer (which are all relabeled Deka Intimidator AGM's) that I decided to splurge since I only have one battery. I know that most of you guys' house batteries probably cost a lot more, but that was the most expensive car battery I've ever bought!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Far from exciting, but I just replaced my 7 1/2 year old DieHard Gold battery with a new Odyssey AGM 65-pc1750. I was able to use my buddy's fleet discount so it was close enough in price to the best that the auto parts store had to offer (which are all relabeled Deka Intimidator AGM's) that I decided to splurge since I only have one battery. I know that most of you guys' house batteries probably cost a lot more, but that was the most expensive car battery I've ever bought!
Whatdya mean far from exciting? AGM batteries get all of us van/overlanding types excited! Especially a deal on an AGM!

Enjoy

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote