Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #2281

I installed my avic n2 in my e250. It was so easy thanks to the center console/engine cover being easy to get off which provides soooo much access. I have done a good number of audio installs and this was the easiest. Took me like 45min to marked out, cut, bent up, and pop rivet my sheet metal pocket enclosure but only 20min to get the stereo in and hooked up.

It was really weird pulling off the cover and suddenly engine/transmission/hole in the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0464.jpg  

skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #2282

I might make a trim piece.....might.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #2283

Garage
Had the blend door vacuum leak fixed on my van. Now it works like it should. You have to like stealerships that save you money. They bypassed the original system and installed a new one. That was 5 hours vs 12 hours work to fix the original system.
Cheers
4.10 gears, Dana 44 TTB open carrier
VA7DTP
depark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #2284

Quote:
Originally Posted by depark View Post
Had the blend door vacuum leak fixed on my van. Now it works like it should. You have to like stealerships that save you money. They bypassed the original system and installed a new one. That was 5 hours vs 12 hours work to fix the original system.
Cheers
Any blend door repair issue is a real bitch. Ford removes the dash hence the hours. Glad you got it done cheaper.

Today, I received the Zamp Solar 2000w pure sine inverter. Now I just have to figure out how to integrate it, and find a place to mount this monster.

Yeah, I read the size specs online, but once you actually walk into your van with it...

gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #2285

Replaced my glow plug relay and alternator today on my 7.3. Glow plug relay is basically smack in the middle of the doghouse and front. Pain in the butt but proud I got it done myself. I love saving money. Now I just need to do a tranny flush and install my new Quigley torque arms and hopefully be ready for the first trip of the spring down to southern UT. :::crosses fingers:::
Old 03-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenrietta View Post
Replaced my glow plug relay and alternator today on my 7.3. Glow plug relay is basically smack in the middle of the doghouse and front. Pain in the butt but proud I got it done myself. I love saving money. Now I just need to do a tranny flush and install my new Quigley torque arms and hopefully be ready for the first trip of the spring down to southern UT. :::crosses fingers:::
I assume a glow plug relay carries a alot of current and may fail semi frequently right? Would it be worth it to extend the harness to an easily accessible spot or modifying the harness so you could fit an overrated relay that will last much longer?
Old 03-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #2287

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I assume a glow plug relay carries a alot of current and may fail semi frequently right? Would it be worth it to extend the harness to an easily accessible spot or modifying the harness so you could fit an overrated relay that will last much longer?
I've had my van for about 3 1/2 years and have put 40k miles on her. This was the first time I've had to replace the relay. If you have the knowhow repositioning the relay to the front would make sense. I wouldn't even know where to begin though..
Old 03-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenrietta View Post
I've had my van for about 3 1/2 years and have put 40k miles on her. This was the first time I've had to replace the relay. If you have the knowhow repositioning the relay to the front would make sense. I wouldn't even know where to begin though..
Found a detailed explanation on upgrading to a better solenoid. Welcome to guzzle's White-Rodgers (Stancor) GPR replacement Mod Web Page

Didn't realize it was just a single pole solenoid/contactor. The two smaller lugs power an electromagnet that forces a slug to flip the switch. The big lugs carry the current to the glow plugs when the switch is flipped. To move it you just lengthen the existing leads. Since you are adding distance I would also up the gauge 1 size on the extension wires.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #2289

I started reading this thread. I plan to fly to Montana to pick up our new to us V10 4x4 E350 EB SMB in a couple of weeks and drive it home to Vermont. 229 some odd pages!
stayalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #2290

Finally got around to installing the the new Quigley Torque arms. Well only the the bottom longer arms : ( I have zero rust and the bolts would not even come off with a 300lb impact gun!?!?! Had to cut the dang bolts off! Looks too tight to cut the top ones off.. Luckily the tops aren't cracked yet but will need to be replaced soon. Any ideas? Torch them off? I have no experience in that sort of thing.