Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #2441

In my build I am running all the grounds to the same spot on the frame even though it is more wire to do it that way. It will hopefully prevent any problems. Also helps with the power monitoring.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #2442

Installed passenger side Ionic OEM Running board. I don't expect much protection from these, but the wife and kids can get in and out a whole lot easier.

I think if I go toward nerf I will go all the way with sliders that mount to the frame. Maybe in a few years I will have some time to build up some nice ones. For now, the Ionics are a decent deal for steps.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #2443

Well, perhaps more than a day....
Installed updated door panels and Sienna seats into a 96 E350 RB-21.
On the passenger side, adapted the Sienna seat to a Ford seat swivel mount. On the drivers, side adapted a stock seat mount.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1671.jpg   IMG_1569.jpg   IMG_2470.jpg   IMG_2566.jpg  
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #2444

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
Well, perhaps more than a day....
Installed updated door panels and Sienna seats into a 96 E350 RB-21.
On the passenger side, adapted the Sienna seat to a Ford seat swivel mount. On the drivers, side adapted a stock seat mount.
Nice, I put those door panels in my 96 too, wireing was a bit tricky but they work great. Any more info how you adapted the Sienna seats to fit the stock bases? That would be much cheaper than the reclining seats and Ujoint bases, I've been wondering if it's possible so I'm glad to see it worked for you.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #2445

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Nice, I put those door panels in my 96 too, wireing was a bit tricky but they work great. Any more info how you adapted the Sienna seats to fit the stock bases? That would be much cheaper than the reclining seats and Ujoint bases, I've been wondering if it's possible so I'm glad to see it worked for you.
What year are those panels out of? They look great.

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #2446

Garage
2010 or newer I believe, took me awhile to find good ones on eBay when I was looking. I need to do a thread on installing them and how to wire them up, there might be an easier way but I had to wire in some relays to prevent blowing the switches, not sure how JohnW installed his
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #2447

Quote:
It was done with a lot of cutting, welding, and head scratching. Had to adapt sliders from the old seats. To keep from clogging up this thread, I will PM you a couple of photos.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
What year are those panels out of? They look great.

BB
I was told 2011. The bit of extra storage is handy.

-John
Old 07-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #2449

Quote:
2010 or newer I believe, took me awhile to find good ones on eBay when I was looking. I need to do a thread on installing them and how to wire them up, there might be an easier way but I had to wire in some relays to prevent blowing the switches, not sure how JohnW installed his
I did not use relays, but did have to abandon the auto down function of the drivers side window by cutting out the processor portion of the window switch. Your technique may have preserved the function.

-John
Old 07-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #2450

Redhead

I went ahead and got a Redhead. Love it.

Had Dave's Valley Auto (around the corner in Auburn, WA) install it. Definitely recommend that shop, esp if you happen to need that work done.

My steering wasn't all that loose (tighten a quarter turn, one mechanic suggested) - - I'm sure there are way worse cases out there and the redhead may not be worth the money to everyone ;-), but I'm appreciating the significantly improved responsiveness. It also lets me fully appreciate how my suspension contributes to the side-to-side sway feedback loop the van goes thru with, say a wind gust on a curve at highway speeds with a big truck passing you. Agile ride improvement kit... next step? :-)
achop is offline   Reply With Quote