Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #2781
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Yesterday I installed a "security drawer" under the drivers seat.
Nice! Was this something you fabricated or adapted from a retail product? If its your project, how did you lock it?

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #2782

Garage
The small victories are sweet...been struggling with reaching the top of the van to occasionally adjust the PIAA lights mounted the front of the roof rack, accessing the "Y" MC4 Solar connectors I installed for the auxiliary Solar panel, and just reach when washing/waxing the area above the cab...till i found this. Delivered this morning and works great - door latch on the E-350 is mounted pretty high so this step now allows easy access for all the above.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 12-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #2783

That's dang handy, even if just for wash day.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #2784

Garage
I found some power towing mirrors on EBay, swapped them out.
Attached Thumbnails
3EA02BE4-75E2-4C78-A14B-BE4B6E061BB2.jpg   56BC5125-319E-4C78-9AB2-06EEA7163091.jpg  
ghetto fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #2785

Quote:
Originally Posted by bet on black View Post
Today I installed an android based head unit and installed the camera upside down Attachment 24205

Then I flipped the camera over...

do you have a link to the head unit? I'v been wanting to change mine
The_Handivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #2786

Garage
Brushed off 8" of snow and started it.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #2787

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAR View Post
Nice! Was this something you fabricated or adapted from a retail product? If its your project, how did you lock it?

Gar
Sorry for the slow reply, I just saw your question. It's a stock under seat drawer for a jeep. It's designed to mount using the Jeeps seat bolts, but obviously that wont work on the van. I just measured the available space (there is already an amp for the sub under the seat so room is limited) and bought one that would fit. Then I welded it to the seat base using some flat bar. It comes with a keyed lock, but it's kinda hard to access while sitting in the seat. That's ok though since when I need it, I'm already getting out, and can easily access it then. Anything I might need while underway is removed prior to driving. The lock is pretty crappy, but it makes me legal for certain items requiring locked storage.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #2788
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Sorry for the slow reply, I just saw your question. It's a stock under seat drawer for a jeep. It's designed to mount using the Jeeps seat bolts, but obviously that wont work on the van. I just measured the available space (there is already an amp for the sub under the seat so room is limited) and bought one that would fit. Then I welded it to the seat base using some flat bar. It comes with a keyed lock, but it's kinda hard to access while sitting in the seat. That's ok though since when I need it, I'm already getting out, and can easily access it then. Anything I might need while underway is removed prior to driving. The lock is pretty crappy, but it makes me legal for certain items requiring locked storage.
Perfect. I completely understand and was looking at it from the same perspective. Thanks for the reply!

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #2789

Plugged mine in to bring up the battery charge, ran the Espar to knock off the cobwebs and thought about washing it but it started out at 17 degrees this morning.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #2790

Rarely have I had such an accomplished day:
I opened up the wiring harnesses beneath the step board of the driver's side door. First, I found the problem I was looking for: broken wires to the AMP PowerStep's. And I discovered the unfortunate reason why: water pooling and ice dams, having leaked in and run down the A-Pillar. Step 1: Clean out and dry out. Step 2: repair broken wire connections. Fixed! While I'm in there, I discover another broken wire connection (again, directly attributed to the water leak and ice formation). Lo and behold, it's the radio power connection from the house batteries. Repaired and radio functional again! Talk about a real two-birds-with-one-stone kind'a exploration! Now to figure out what to do about that crack on the roof where the rain gutter leads to the windshield... Body shop???