Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #2901

Absolutely nothing... Although, I did go out and just look at it. I mean really took a good long look at it. I admired it for what it is and what it will be when I'm finished with it.

What is it about owning one of these things? I don't want to get all mushy, but damn, I love my van!!!

Old 12-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #2902

I installed these Ridgid flush mount back up lights. I bought the kit with harness, three way switch and relay. They can be turned on separate from the reverse lights, or set the switch to only come on when I throw it in reverse or always off.
Attached Thumbnails
66431738-BFF2-4F21-8014-5EE2429647C1.jpg   3E949D0B-951D-480F-9AC4-8F5CE0F68ABB.jpg   2F214C3C-CACF-43ED-AFFD-2CE1661DA9C4.jpeg  
Old 12-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #2903

Been thinking about adding some backup lights. What is the Rigid model number that you used?
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #2904

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Been thinking about adding some backup lights. What is the Rigid model number that you used?
Rigid Industries 980033 SR-Q PRO Hybrid LED Flush Mount Backup Light Kit.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #2905

I replaced the drivers side outer tie rod end (2wd w/Camburg kit.) I didn't know why the adjusting sleeve wouldn't stay tight on that side, but apparently it hammered the threads pretty good as the o.d. of the old one was maybe .020" smaller than its replacement. Hopefully that annoying rattling feeling is gone for real this time.

While looking over the front end, I found the lower heim joints in my Fox 2.0"s have some play too, I'll replace those when I'm ready to send them back to Agile for another re-valve, I already have their V5 (stiffest) valve stack, but they could use some more on the compression side... I know, these big vans weren't meant to go fast offroad! As it is, I blow out the upper shock bushings (stem mount) once or twice a year. A 2.5" shock would be more appropriate, but I really don't feel like putting in the work necessary to fit them. Upper balljoints are starting to show some play, so I need to address those soon. Rear leafs are gradually turning into "w"s so I had my neighbor throw another short leaf on the bottom and switch my 2.5" block for a 3" to hold me over until I'm good and ready to spend the dough on new leaf packs and ditch the blocks altogether (possibly considering going with Weldtec's leaf packs.) Honestly, not too bad wear and tear for 45k miles (since all suspension/steering components were replaced, 140k total) with at least 5k spirited paced offroad miles on those parts.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #2906

Replaced the fan in the little Magnum inverter. The original fan has been making a terrible sound at medium rpm for a few years and is destined to fail at an inconvenient time. This was a nice little success in the middle of the conversion to lithium project, which is turning out to become an epic.

- Eric

ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #2907

Garage
Cabinet Front Facelift

Slow progress, but completed tooling all the rails, stiles and panels out of hickory. These door fronts will be glued up, sanded and have polyurethane applied before replacing my factory SMB melamine doors. Pictured doors will replace the under sink, pantry and under pull out couch X2.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5028 copy.jpg  
Old 01-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #2908
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Ordered up and having a John Woods Towmaster H/D 4R100 transmission installed at a mechanic as I write this up in Orange Grove, CA.
This was more of a preventative item than out of necessity, although I’m right there in millage when these 4R100’s start seeing issues, 180K. We towed our camper up to AK and back this last summer, and plan to continue towing it, placing a heavy strain on the trans. Will have piece of mind knowing I won’t have any issues moving forward, especially when down in Baja this winter(although not bringing camper down).

The mechanic came highly recommended by John as one of his preferred installers and friend for over 20 years, that says something, so hopefully everything goes to plan! I’m having him tackle a bunch of other items as well, mostly maintenance items-brakes, fluids....
Thing looked super nice! A shame he hides his stamp on the flywheel, but not really anywhere else to put it!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2155.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	31357
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2154.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	31358
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:44 AM   #2909

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Ordered up and having a John Woods Towmaster H/D 4R100 transmission installed]
Excellent!
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #2910
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Ordered up and having a John Woods Towmaster H/D 4R100 transmission installed at a mechanic as I write this up in Orange Grove, CA. ...
I can't recall if you've upped you trans cooler. It would be a great time if you haven't. In my Excursion (BTS transmission), I went from my 7.3L based trans cooler to a 6.0L trans cooler. Factory Ford, and simple to swap.

Picture from Ford-Trucks.com

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...0-7-3-a-2.html

Herb