Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2020, 07:38 PM   #2921

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Like it. Unreng where did you find the HDPE pieces to work with?
For the three doors with <24-inch width = https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the one door with >24-inch width = https://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Starbo...72.m2749.l2648

I chose HDPE because it's puzzling why wood is used in a van build. Plus it's actually lighter and more robust than the upholstered wood panels that SMB creates.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #2922

I’m with you. I like the idea of HDPE for most paneling rather than ply particularly if carpet is t going to be used.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #2923

Reflectix

Didn't want to spend the hundreds of dollars on window insulation so I cut out some reflectix. Everything except for the door window is held in place by the paneling. Cover for the door window is held up by a couple magnets. While not pretty, you can't see them from the inside once the shades are drawn and I don't care how they look from the outside. I also added magnets to the SportsMobile window insulation for the cab as the crappy little suction cups don't work anymore. A couple $ on magnets and they work better than ever before!
Attached Thumbnails
reflectix_1.jpg   reflectix_2.jpg  
whwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #2924

Garage
Me too, reflectix works great. If the side door window pieces are cut a little long, they'll fit under the sun visors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whwv View Post
Didn't want to spend the hundreds of dollars on window insulation so I cut out some reflectix. Everything except for the door window is held in place by the paneling. Cover for the door window is held up by a couple magnets. While not pretty, you can't see them from the inside once the shades are drawn and I don't care how they look from the outside. I also added magnets to the SportsMobile window insulation for the cab as the crappy little suction cups don't work anymore. A couple $ on magnets and they work better than ever before!
Fool120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #2925

Garage
CO2 and Propane Sensor Replacements

Finally got around to replacing the original CO2 and Propane sensors in my 2001 Sportsmobile. I purchased my van in 2018 and it still had the original units installed. I purchased the CO2 sensor from Sportsmobile Reno and the propane sensor from Amazon.

The new CO2 sensor was slightly taller than the original which meant some trimming to the existing hole was required. Instead of pulling all the trim off the van, I decided to trim it in place. Was able to use my multi tool the get the hole slightly larger. A little "chiseling" of the plywood was needed to remove the wood and I had to add a filler strip to the side of the original hole where the folks at Sportsmobile cut the original hole too wide, resulting in the screws not seating adequately.
Attached Thumbnails
Old CO2 Sensor.jpg   IMG_5075.jpg   Guide.jpg   Multi Tool.jpg   Wire Connections.jpg  

Co2 Censor Installed.jpg  
Old 02-16-2020, 05:52 PM   #2926

Garage
Then on to replacing the propane sensor. This also required cutting the existing hole larger to fit the newest version (also convert it from round to rectangular). The location of my sensor is between the RB50 couch and the side doors (not sure if this is common). The allowable space was very tight and I had to loosen the electrical outlet and slide it up about 1/16 to 1/8 inch to allow clearance for the new sensor. Also used the multi tool to cut the new hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Propane Censor.jpg   Old Propane Hole.jpg   New Propane Hole.jpg   New Propane Censor .jpg  
Old 02-17-2020, 01:19 AM   #2927

I drilled a big hole in my floor:

Then filled it:

From underneath:

Spent a ridiculous amount of time getting the fuel line attached to the aux port on the tank without dropping or lowering it (see the Webasto fuel line thread for details), but plumbing went smoothly and quickly otherwise. Still need to do final wiring and some minor things, but I made some temporary hookups so I could fire it up tonight.

Basking in 70deg warmth with temps below freezing outside made it all worth it!
Old 02-20-2020, 11:20 PM   #2928

Grabby

It was 24 degrees out, but I got my driver’s side grab handle finished up.
Attached Thumbnails
30B42C4C-86BC-49DB-8C4E-03A8C3D9C25E.jpg  
Old 02-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #2929

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Then on to replacing the propane sensor. This also required cutting the existing hole larger to fit the newest version (also convert it from round to rectangular). The location of my sensor is between the RB50 couch and the side doors (not sure if this is common). The allowable space was very tight and I had to loosen the electrical outlet and slide it up about 1/16 to 1/8 inch to allow clearance for the new sensor. Also used the multi tool to cut the new hole.
FYI - MTI (aka safe-t-alert) also makes surface mount monitors so you don't need to cut bigger and bigger holes - https://www.mtiindustries.com/produc...noxide-alarms/
Old 02-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #2930

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreng View Post
FYI - MTI (aka safe-t-alert) also makes surface mount monitors so you don't need to cut bigger and bigger holes - https://www.mtiindustries.com/produc...noxide-alarms/
That information could be rather helpful to the next reader...

As for me