Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
6.0L 2007 RB50. After over a year of noticing reduced power on steep hills and then increasing coolant temps I finally had it analyzed after having the P0299 showing for the past few months. My turbo ring was stuck even though the turbo was replaced two years ago. Turbo removed, cleaned, replaced. And the fan clutch spring/unit was replaced because it was not providing enough fan rpm to maintain a lower operating temperature. I thought the low power lugging up hills caused the temp increase, but I'm now told they are two separate issues. I also replaced the ScanGauge with an Edge CTS-3 which provides tons more data and easily seen. I'm heading out for a long trip through Utah and Colorado next week and hope this stuff all works! Nice to have my boost back.

Next time it's out consider a stainless steel unison ring. Might keep it from sticking. If your reading it, what was your boost before and after?

JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #3072

Garage
Hi Joe, I never was able to measure the boost before. I only got the code. I just installed the Edge CTS-3 and waiting for my first ride.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:47 PM   #3073

Awesome! Let us know how you like the Edge CTS-3, I would like too upgrade the ScanGauge as well.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #3074

Started the electrical today. Picture below is all mock-up photos- nothing tightened, no solder on the connections, no heat shrink/wrap etc etc. 7.3L Diesel, already had an isolator ((eaton Sure power 1602 multi battery isolator)) that is working (have a plan in place if it fails to wire around it, may still end up doing this- working out the schematic), sending solid volts back with 4 gauge wiring, so just used those wires and it all fired up and tested as expected - no loss of voltage, did not road test it (still finishing up the custom battery box ((two 6V AGM)) which had to have a couple modifications after being built....oops. but it fits, waiting for the paint to dry. Next step is working out solar (Lensun 200W 12V Portable Solar Panel Blanket) and should be ready for the upcoming road trip to Maine! Yewwww! Appreciate @scalf77 for his time and professional advice, so helpful and saved me a ton of time.

Michisurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #3075

Garage

using 12 Tecniq S17 amber lights wired to SPST switch on Bluesea panel.
the Tecniq camp lights on the side of the van are too bright and these provide really dim light that isn't obnoxious to neighbors.
mounted with aluminum angle brackets to the inside of the body seam.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #3076

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellpilot View Post
Awesome! Let us know how you like the Edge CTS-3, I would like too upgrade the ScanGauge as well.
What a difference! I am loving the Edge. So customizable. I'm now monitoring eight different values at once. And it lights up at night! Just do it.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:26 AM   #3077

Garage
1000 miles into my fall vacation, I'm at the Ford service dept.in Cortez, CO due to a major diesel fuel leak splattering everywhere. I sure hope they have parts here. I waited two days in their lot for them to open today. Uhhggg.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:57 AM   #3078

Garage
Removed the Velcro and 11 different adhesives from the jambs of the side barn door and and replaced with white Velcro.
I am now in the process of repainting a paint flaw on the hood.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #3079
Site Team

Garage
Ok I know I have been on this forum for years and really a volt gauge for the house worked. Well I updated the solar and it’s cables a few weeks ago and I have had a capacity gauge on my desk for months so it’s time. I did the install and it’s so much nicer then the plug in volt gauge. I now can see the positive from solar and what the van draws during the day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2020-10-10-14:25:27-109.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	36286
I also did a fix that I have have been needing for years and when I went through the frame twister last weekend I popped out my sway bar bushings so I made a drop mount and now they are inline so hope it’s fixed. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2020-10-10-14:28:24-876.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	36287

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:11 PM   #3080

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
1000 miles into my fall vacation, I'm at the Ford service dept.in Cortez, CO due to a major diesel fuel leak splattering everywhere. I sure hope they have parts here. I waited two days in their lot for them to open today. Uhhggg.
What was the issue?

And to keep on topic, here're the things we've done to the van in the past 1-2 months:
1. Pioneer backup camera
2. Mounted the ExtremeAire compressor behind the rear axle on a custom mount (aka aluminum rectangular tubing bolted to the cross member) with wiring to house battery thru 70A circuit breaker and 100A relay.
3. Mounted an aluminum air tank to the underneath of the van floor that is connected to the compressor and a quick connect on the rear bumper with braided PTFE tubing.
4. Added twelve Tecniq S17 to the underside of the van for ambient lighting while at camp. The four Tecniq D30's are a bit too bright without annoying neighbors.
5. Added four hood vents that are interchangeable and reversible = rodlouvers Pair of Double Row 3" Angled Aluminum Hood Bolt on panels - Rod Louvers and Sheet Metal design
6. Had a shop install an Odawg S2R intake + heat-wrapped engine harness + drivers side injectors.
7. to be done soon = BD diesel exhaust manifolds that are ceramic coated + AeroExhaust 4-inch muffler.
8. a bunch of other to be done stuff...