Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #3351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger View Post
Made a ladder this weekend.

Very nice!!

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #3352

Garage
Quote:
Made a ladder this weekend.
Yeah, very nice.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:22 AM   #3353

Quote:
Made a ladder this weekend. Still needs paint (Bedliner) But wanted one that mounted to the rack rather than gutter, there for making it a little higher and easier to get onto the rack. So making was the only option.
Very cool! I have grand plans of building a very similar ladder that mounts to my UJOR rack up top. I guess we're kind of stuck drilling into the pinch weld seam at the bottom though, huh?
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #3354

Quote:
Originally Posted by motovan_mn View Post
Very cool! I have grand plans of building a very similar ladder that mounts to my UJOR rack up top. I guess we're kind of stuck drilling into the pinch weld seam at the bottom though, huh?
You could use a sandwich style mount at the bottom so you pinch the "pinch weld" between two plates. The bottom mount is only there to stop the ladder flopping about not really designed to take load. I did think of doing that rather than drilling into the pinch weld. But in the end decided I wasn't worried about drilling into the pinch weld.
What ever you do, don't tie it to the frame, that's asking for a lot of trouble since the frame flexes vastly differently to body.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:15 AM   #3355

I got tired of making monthly payments so I paid it off. So now it’s mine. Mine!
Old 09-10-2022, 02:23 AM   #3356

What I did over the last few days...

I bought this old soul a little over a week ago, 111K miles and original down to the last bolt - stored indoor it's whole life very, very little signs of corrosion anywhere (except for tires). I drove it from Coure D'Alene Idaho West to the Oregon Coast then South to my home in Newport Beach CA with only a tire swap before the journey - it had a recent oil change. In the last 4 days I did the following:

1. gave it a very thorough cleaning, carpet shampoo next.
2. removed the original battery isolator and 27 year old (not kidding) house battery.
3. donated the microwave to The Goodwill, it was working.
4. removed the old Norcold - worked on 110, not on 12V, don't know how to fix it.
5. fixed the reading lights
6. fixed the rear penthouse j-hook
7. repaired the driver's side windshield washer jet it was disconnected under the hood.
8. installed a ReLion 100ah LiPo battery, needed to run an alternator wire to the rear.
9. hooked up the alternator wire to a Victron Energy Orion -TR Smart charger (non-isolated).
10. installed a Victron DC-DC Converter to charge the house battery when on share power.
11. installed a Xantrex ProWatt Pure Sine Wave 1000W Inverter.
12. installed a Blue Seas 12 circuit fuse block for soon-to-come led interior lighting.
13. Ordered a a 2-way Dometic refrigerator to replace the Norcold (if any of you wants the Norcold let me know - I believe it only needs 12v relay to get working on 12v again), yours for free but you have to pick it up.
14. ordered a GE combination microwave and turbo oven.
15. shampooed the couch upholstery, contemplating what to do about the front seats (replace or clean old covers).
16. tightened and/or. replaced a bunch of interior fasteners.
17. added a small shelf to the bottom of the hanging closet.
18. flushed the cooling system and i think it would be a good idea to replaced the belts hoses, water pump and thermostat and some point soon.

The van is in remarkable shape given it's 1995 vintage and more than anything needs the replacement of items that have aged beyond their useful life. Water came in the driver's side rear sliding window and that project is the very next one I will tackle.
Attached Thumbnails
00t0t_5iwzK1jfuIEz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg  
josevillaluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 03:51 AM   #3357

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by josevillaluz View Post
I bought this old soul a little over a week ago, 111K miles and original down to the last bolt - stored indoor it's whole life very, very little signs of corrosion anywhere (except for tires).

The van is in remarkable shape given it's 1995 vintage and more than anything needs the replacement of items that have aged beyond their useful life. Water came in the driver's side rear sliding window and that project is the very next one I will tackle.
Nice upgrades to bring it current josevillaluz. Sure looks clean.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:39 AM   #3358

Nice clean rig!
Oogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:07 PM   #3359

Added 3 USB chargers today

Charger #1: front dashboard, replaced old cigarette lighter socket. Voltmeter built in, power switch, 30W USBC + 18W USB 3.0.

Charger #2 passenger wall near cooktop, replaced cigarette lighter socket. No Volt meter built in. 65W USBC + 18W USB 3.0

Charger #3 drilled out a spot in the bear breaker box under the couch bed, new mount. Voltmeter built in, power switch, 30W USBC + 18W USB 3.0.

The volt meters help me see which battery the chargers are using. The house battery is lithium and has 12.8V output, while the starter battery has 12V when the van isn't running. I can't keep track of what is wired to what after I install it so this feature is nice.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220911_194843345.jpg   PXL_20220911_201614776.jpg   PXL_20220911_214317344.jpg  
josevillaluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:53 PM   #3360

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Very nice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Yeah, very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motovan_mn View Post
Very cool!
Thanks. Got round to paint and mounting this weekend. Epoxy primer, then Raptorliner to match rack, flares, bumpers & running boards.

SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote