Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #2071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Found out it is now officially 'modified' and as such needs a 'modified inspection' for my state registration. Small problem to have right?
New shocks qualified it for modified but 4x4 conversion didn't? That sounds a bit odd.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #2072

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
What windows are these?
Those look just like my older framed CRL's on my 95 van, but it's a 2014 van. Weird. Does CRL still make the framed type as well as the frameless?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Those look just like my older framed CRL's on my 95 van, but it's a 2014 van. Weird. Does CRL still make the framed type as well as the frameless?
They are Hehr International, 30x17 (I think that was the size).. as per Nancy at North.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
New shocks qualified it for modified but 4x4 conversion didn't? That sounds a bit odd.
It's a WV thang....People around here don't seem to know WHAT to make of HellBetty (blackV10)!

I have heard there is exactly ONE other 4x4 van in my area, except its really an RB ford van body put onto a 4x4 truck chassis and owned by an hvac contractor
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #2075

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridintall View Post
Attachment 12401. Stereo issues , had to send in for repair. The upside is I get to wire in a front camera and e-brake defeat so my wife can work the GPS while we're in motion and we don't have to pull over and do the e-brake/brake pedal dance.
Finally got my stereo back. Alpine couldn't fix it so they gave me a reman unit w the latest firmware and map updates. Not a bad deal considering it was 2 years out of warranty and 3 years old for the price of a repair. Front camera was wired in as well as the e-brake dongle. Hardest part was getting the instrument cluster trim back in, surprised I didn't break it. Finally, tunes.
ridintall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #2076

Got the rig off the blocks I used to raise it six inches so I could work under it. While I was under there I replaced the batteries, installed an ARB compressor and a compressed air outlet on the rear bumper.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #2077

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Got my black V10 back after RIP kit installation/transfer case fluid change! I doubt I will miss that squeeeeeky spring sound, and I LOVE the smooth ride!

I remain humble enough not to apply any Smarter Than Dirt decals just yet

Found out it is now officially 'modified' and as such needs a 'modified inspection' for my state registration. Small problem to have right?
Awesome! Glad to hear your getting everything smoothed out.

So who snitched about the van?! Ha ha, how does the government find such things out anyway?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #2078

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Got the rig off the blocks I used to raise it six inches so I could work under it. While I was under there I replaced the batteries, installed an ARB compressor and a compressed air outlet on the rear bumper.
I'm definitely gonna have to check that out, sounds like something I may need in the near future.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
I'm definitely gonna have to check that out, sounds like something I may need in the near future.
Have photos but no time to write up the install. Being retired is a drag, there is so much to do . Needed the air in before six days on the eastern Oregon backroads. Maybe we can get together the first week in October and I can show it to you.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #2080

Official Super Special Modified Inspection results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Awesome! Glad to hear your getting everything smoothed out.

So who snitched about the van?! Ha ha, how does the government find such things out anyway?
Jsweezy I put my reply in new thread under Ground Up Builds
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post183852
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote