Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2021, 08:26 PM   #3121

Garage
We've experienced the loose bracket made of flat stainless at the top of the aluminess swing arms. Changing the bolts made a bit of a difference.
Did some thinking for what might work better and searched the forum. We wanted something that would work a lot better than the smb design and could easily be replaced.

Before:

After:

The washers are not permanent. They are to stabilize the difference in height until the stainless turnbuckles arrive.
If there's any play in the bracket, just turn the buckle until it's tight.

Bought 4 turnbuckles from this company - https://www.e-rigging.com/three-sixt...eye-turnbuckle

We plan to put one buckle to each bolt on the swingarm back to the hinge.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #3122

Garage
Also installed new wheels + tires:
Old 03-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #3123

Those look fantastic unreng.
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #3124

Garage
swapped out my florescent thin light with led. Dimmable in penthouse is nice.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #3125

Garage
Talking What I did/fixed today

Well I can’t believe I fixed a major dilemma for my 2016 Sprinter Sportsmobile.
I had a side wall tire leak while almost out of the last town on I-70 headed towards Bryce can. Friday late, of course. Good news got it fixed within a couple hours, bad it was a different brand, so thinking I need to get a matching spare since I realized I still sported the factory spare under the van, it would have been a bit of a problem had I ended up in the hinterlands. so I made sure Discount tire would give me a replacement tire under warranty, yes and they would not make me sleep with damaged one for proof! When in St. George Ut. I got my new matching tire, but alas I had the wrong size wheel on spare so, I got to sleep with my other new tire until I got home to get the right size wheel. I took it out at night fyi. Saga continues, I get my new wheel and tire install but oh s—- it wound fit under the van in the factory bracket. So now I have a very heavy spare in my van. I don’t want the spare hanging off my van, tire guy said you could haul it in van, geez or put it on top of van, pop top, bigger geeze ! So I know my innovative forum group I bet there is an aftermarket solution discussed there,nope, but I found my solution for $19.95, from Agile off road. When I got two little brackets and two bolts in a small Manila envelope, in three days, I thought,oh oh, small instruction sheet included, I had huge doubts. Well with the help of a true friend and not all that much frustration It actually worked. the exception would have been a tire over 31.5” mine is exactly that. BF 265/17 . It is snug and a tip from a review on their site said to loosen the hooks. Once I figured out how to access them since I have an Alumeness bumper, we easily turned them to the full length and it then clicked in. The bolts are under small plastic squares on the original plastic bumper piece still there. So if there are any of you that want to keep your upgraded tires under not on your Sprinter go to agileoffroad.com and find your cheap fix. So after all the grief getting there a rare easy fix. Thank you for listening and all the other good advice I have got here.
Isever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #3126

Garage
DE-winterized the water system.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #3127

I put in new Bilstein rear shocks in Feb and have done 1500-2000 miles on them. There is much less bounce on bumps and other highway obstacles. Off road they seem to be fine.

Somehow I had managed to blow the Fox shocks that were on the rig when I purchased it - inspect the van after each trip and noticed grease had been blow around the back axle area so had my shop check everything.

Can't tell what caused the old shocks to fail - I was on some serious washboard roads in Utah last Oct, but nothing very challenging after that and the failure seemed to happen on a 99% paved surface trip.

Anyway the Bilstein shocks work well.

Jon
JonBertsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:43 PM   #3128

Sold mine

For this van it was 5 years and about 56k miles under my watch. Learned a lot and passed on the knowledge as best as I could. In an AWD Transit now and only downside is off roading is gonna be minimal with these little front axles. Already put 6k chasing snow storms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200627_182756.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	39186
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:48 PM   #3129

We bought our van used and it did not come with a water heater. While we have used the shower in the back one gets whatever temperature the water in the tanks happen to be. So to rectify that I bought a Joolca HOTTAP propane powered hot shower appliance. In order to use it I needed to be able to tap into the vans water system and get it to a standard garden hose. I tapped into the water supply just next to the existing shower valve and used a quick connect for the final connection on the outside. There is a ball valve in the box just under the bed. I made a new box to close this all in after I took these pictures. The last picture shows the HOTTAP connected. It heats the water up quite nicely. I'm waiting for delivery on a Quick Pitch Quick-en-suite shower enclosure to probably mount on the passenger side of the van. If you haven't seen one of these they are the bomb. They take about 8 seconds to deploy and no more than 30 seconds to put away. I'll need to make some brackets to mount it on the side. I still need to get a water hose about 10 feet long to finish it out.
Attached Thumbnails
20210406_155420.jpg   20210406_155437.jpg   20210406_155454.jpg   20210406_162004.jpg  
DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:47 PM   #3130

^^Nice job! I’ve been thinking of doing that on my van. We don’t have any sort of shower ability outside or inside.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote