Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #11

Love this thread. My MaxxAir is very temperamental and shuts off all the time. The rare times it stays on for more than five minutes is a real family celebration. I've replaced the batteries in the remote and tried various temp settings on the auto turnon setting (this model has the thermostat) and also various fuses for the fan override on my main panel but no matter what I do, it turns off whenever it feels like it. Maybe it's this "rain sensor" you guys are talking about? Anyhow I just haven't yet had enough time to figure it out

Nathandeuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #12

Call Airxcel:

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair

Depending on which one it is you can replace the inner unit without removing screws and sealant. They do sell parts.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Call Airxcel:

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair

Depending on which one it is you can replace the inner unit without removing screws and sealant. They do sell parts.
Very true, great design in that I swapped the inner unit from a standard one to the deluxe model with thermostat and remote control in short order. The hardest part was just being on the not so flat fiberine roof 9 ft off the ground.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #14

NO doubt Steve, that can be tricky......and slicky....
Old 08-09-2021, 10:25 AM   #15

Depending on the source of your rattle, Airxcel has a an anti-rattle "kit" they will provide free of charge. Photos here It's not clear to me whether this "fix" is on place on later models--perhaps that is why some have rattling and others do not?

In our case, we get some rattle on bumpy roads or with high wind (high speeds) but it appears to come from play where the white linkage to raise/lower the lid attaches. One of these days I'll get around to investigating.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #16

I have one and am really happy with it. It's the base model which has 10 speeds and manual speed selection and on /off I know they make a fancier model that has a auto open and close and remote. Mine doesn't rattle or make noise while I'm driving, even when it's on the highway and I have it open I was actually surprized by how little change to the highway driving noise it added compared to before I installed it. I wonder if the fan you got might have had a broken or loose part if it's rattling a lot.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Depending on the source of your rattle, Airxcel has a an anti-rattle "kit" they will provide free of charge.
Interesting! I wonder if they still offer that? Pretty good solution available.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #18

Mine rattles like hell. Especially on washboard roads. The other thing it does that seems odd is when I let the van set too long without running it, which I try not to do, and the battery gets low, the fan kicks on even though it's turned off and I can't shut it off. I have to either charge the battery back up or pull the fuse.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #19

Mine rattles occasionally, mainly when driving at highway speeds or into a headwind. It can be mitigated somewhat by hand-tightening the crank beyond where it stops when closed using the on/off button, but is still an annoyance. I think I once asked for the anti-rattle kit from the manufacturer via their website, but never heard back.

Other than that, I love it. Them, actually. Having 2 fans, one inhaling and one exhaling, creates great circulation. Being able to run them in the rain -- and not just auto-shutoff -- is essential around here. On their lowest setting, they're quiet and low-powered enough to leave on all night. On their highest setting, we can usually suck any bugs onto the bug screen and squash them there, or remove the screen completely and "space" them.
AndrewInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, fantastic, maxxair