Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #91

Ray,

I'm ready for my Fiamma. I live on the East Coast (Maryland) so I can't take advantage of a group buy, but still need your brackets. I have a 2007 Ford Sportsmobile. It is extended with a hightop. I am leaning towards the longer 350 vs the 300 but welcome your opinion. If need be, I took some pictures of the gutter that I can send you.

Thank you,

Carl

Old 02-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #92

I realize this is an old thread, but if anyone has any of these for sale I'd love to pick up a set. Thanks!
tlangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #93

Thxs for checking!

$212 (includes postage) via PayPal Friends and Family (if you use Merchandise/Goods and Services and 3%) to SeaRay230@gmail.com

Include your shipping and contact information in the Comments section.

I have sets that can ship this week. Please let me know if any questionsuesrions! Thxs, Ray
Old 02-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #94

Thanks Ray! My question is about height. My van is about an inch from the roof in my garage space (hence the need for these instead of just using a roof rack) so I'm wondering how high above the roof like these brackets and the awning go? I suppose worst-case scenario I could attatch and detach them every time I go on a trip? Are they built with one-time install in mind?
Old 02-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #95

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlangy View Post
Thanks Ray! My question is about height. My van is about an inch from the roof in my garage space (hence the need for these instead of just using a roof rack) so I'm wondering how high above the roof like these brackets and the awning go? I suppose worst-case scenario I could attatch and detach them every time I go on a trip? Are they built with one-time install in mind?
Hope this helps...https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tml#post267843
There is some tweaking to make these fit cleanly.
Since the gutter is an arc, I ground the tops of the front and back awning mount to make a straight line from front to back, to make the awning sit flush on the mounts.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #96

Yeah that totally answer's my question. There's absolutely no way that will fit under my low garage ceiling so I'd have to install the brackets and awning every time I leave for a trip (about 6-8 trips a year). How difficult would that process be?
Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #97

Garage
It's possible to install and remove the brackets in a relatively short time frame.
I chose my particular mounting style to provide a permanent mounting system with multiple attaching points AND easy removal.
I'd probably search for another mounting style or just use a pop-up next to the van - https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Insta.../dp/B0033990N8
It all depends on what you already have and how much space is available inside the van (pop-up) vs outside (awning).
Old 06-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #98

Hi Ray, Are these brackets still available. Sorry if you are getting a second message on this forum, I also sent you an email the other day. Let me know what you need to order a set of Brackets. I have a 2010 e-250.

Thanks and happy camping
Shannon
shannon is offline   Reply With Quote