Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Garage
4D AGM Battery Replacement

My Lifeline 4D 210AH AGM battery is not maintaining adequate voltage overnight with minimal use (2 - 3 amp max load overnight). I tried to equalize but didn't see much improvement. I have solar so the battery charge is maintained well. Probably time to replace...

Is anyone using the Batteries Plus 4D Battery? It's labeled a "Magna Power AGM 4D Battery" and is 198 AH. I thought I read on the forum that Batteries Plus sold Deca 4D batteries. Is the Magna Power made by Deca? The Price seems reasonable at $440 with the pick up in store option, 10% discount and no shipping charges. Best deal around?

Is anyone using one of these batteries? How's it working?

Old 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #2

I'm considering one of these right now:

https://www.apexbattery.com/battery-.../group-4d.html
Old 06-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #3

Garage
I looked into Apex but when I contacted them about shipping they had a minimum of two or three of the 4D's per shipment. They have a warehouse in Reno so I asked if I could pick one up but they didn't respond to that inquiry. Seemed to me to be an internet order only set up. Worth another try at that price though!
Old 06-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #4

Garage
These may be of interest - I was going to upgrade to two of these 100amp/hr Firefly Oasis carbon Foam batteries, unfortunately had to return them and go with a 210 Lifeline replacement - I would have needed to fabricate a new cradle for them within 1 day and simply didnt have the resources to accomplish this before leaving for Holiday.
I still plan to go this route since I'll have more capacity to draw from, but will actually try get 3 to fit.

https://oceanplanetenergy.com/advanc...asis-group-31/
Old 06-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #5

Garage
Check Full River Battery - Fullriver Battery - Maintenance Free AGM Batteries
Did some research thru sailing forums, and some people like them...supposedly comparable quality to Odyssey. May be buying a couple/few 31 series as a replacement for the lifeline 8D.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
These may be of interest - I was going to upgrade to two of these 100amp/hr Firefly Oasis carbon Foam batteries, unfortunately had to return them and go with a 210 Lifeline replacement - I would have needed to fabricate a new cradle for them within 1 day and simply didnt have the resources to accomplish this before leaving for Holiday.
I still plan to go this route since I'll have more capacity to draw from, but will actually try get 3 to fit.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #7

Garage
Good news! Apex has a two battery minimum order but they will sell me one 4D 12v 200ah AGM battery if I pick it up at the warehouse in Reno. At $269.87 I'll take a chance on this battery and order it this week. They don't have a core charge and don't accept cores. Apex only stocks 4D's with top lug terminals and does not have automotive top post 4D batteries which is OK with me. Thanks to Cyrull for the nudge on the Apex battery.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post

-greg
Ha, I can only say its been YOUR invaluable input on previous posts YOU have contributed to that's educated me, and now directed me down this road. Always find value with your suggestions (even though sometimes the technical stuff just leaves me scratching my head - but quickly conclude I actually dont need to understand it, I'm good with just knowing you know what the heck your talking about).
Old 06-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oaks View Post
Good news! Apex has a two battery minimum order but they will sell me one 4D 12v 200ah AGM battery if I pick it up at the warehouse in Reno. At $269.87 I'll take a chance on this battery and order it this week. They don't have a core charge and don't accept cores. Apex only stocks 4D's with top lug terminals and does not have automotive top post 4D batteries which is OK with me. Thanks to Cyrull for the nudge on the Apex battery.
If you are willing to order a second one I will take one and pick it up from you at BCOR if you are willing to haul it up. The batteries are too heavy so my mail forwarding service in WA won't take them.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post

So if I understand the article you can draw them down to 20% battery with no loss? Seems crazy. With that logic I would only need one. Am I reading that right?
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote