Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2021, 10:01 AM   #31
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_e350 View Post
So important lesson, test out the cruise buttons, Brake on/off, and Brake pressure with Forscan to ensure they are all working. Saved me a trip to Ford dealer.
Since the "on" button is actuated every time the vehicle is restarted its not too surprising a used part would have problems.

Lovin' VSC---can't live without it!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #32

I was able to replace the switch buttons with a new set. Took 15min to swap out. Verified with forscan again, this time everything worked as it should. Thanks to everyone before me. Having cruise is going to be nice. Now only if it was adaptive cruise control like my Subaru..., but I will take this over a tired foot any day.
cb_e350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 09:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
The clockspring has to be the correct version for VSC to work. Without that wiring Ford OEM VSC can NOT be added. Should that be the case check into a Rosta aftermarket system. This is the wiring and connector that must be in place:

There is no work around if its not present--
Sorry to update an old thread, but I wanted to post my experience. This was not the case with my 2006; I have neither of those connections.

I scored a cruise control steering wheel from a 2004 and a clock spring from a 2006. I replaced the cruise control buttons with ones from Amazon. I then used Forscan beta (make sure you have a FEPS capable adapter)to enable cruise control. It works like a charm.
m4ttj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #34
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ttj00 View Post
Sorry to update an old thread, but I wanted to post my experience. This was not the case with my 2006; I have neither of those connections.
I've tried making it clear as can be VSC PRIOR to 2005 is controlled through the electronic throttle body and PCM. A 2006 would NOT have those connectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ttj00 View Post
I scored a cruise control steering wheel from a 2004 and a clock spring from a 2006. I replaced the cruise control buttons with ones from Amazon. I then used Forscan beta (make sure you have a FEPS capable adapter)to enable cruise control. It works like a charm.
The electrical parts like steering wheel buttons and clock spring must be specific to the chassis.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote