Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
I'm getting one for sure, now. Thanks for the endorsement. I've got lots to learn about all this. Always fun to add a new gadget that is useful. I wonder why my controller gives Ah readout? What purpose does it serve? thanks Lance
Well, like I said it measure the AmpHrs that goes through your controller.

I can have a full battery, in float and still use a x amount of amphrs from the solar power, io will keep the battery at float and run any of the consumables during the day. Now Take a battery that is at 75% SOC, your solar charger now has to produce that power to put back into the battery to bring it back to 100% charge and run the consumable so the is going to be a larger amount then the day before. If you just have a battery monitor, you will know how many amp hours it was down and that is charged to back to 100%. It won't provide the amont of power in amphours that your solar system put out. If your controller does not have a reset function just wriote down amphours each morning and subjract from the total the next day for daily total.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #12

Thanks again Greg, your a wizard. I tried to reset pushing buttons together but didn't have any luck. I'll keep track and see what I find. I'm not concerned about a problem just interested in functions. Were off this morning for Yellowstone, been only once, in winter over 30 years ago. Appreciate your help.. Lance (Springfield, OR)
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #13

Enjoy your trip, this is a great time of year to go.

greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #14

I found the book that came with the Zamp to be lacking in info and wondered why my AmpH reading kept changing. I finally found this resource that explained that the setting is cumulative over 24 hours.

Unfortunately, it does not explain how to reset it if the meter isn't resetting itself each day.
Klompen is offline   Reply With Quote