Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #11

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Re: Any inside lighting to LED mofications talk here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
As was suggested to me at the meet and greet: I replaced the florescent light over my stove with one, I ordered from SMBW, like in the back of my van that has 3 festoon (look like fuses) bulbs.

I ordered a red # 64357 festoon ultra bright 20 SMT LED 1 3/4 inches or 42 mm for $14.99 from LEDLIGHT.com. I swiveled it in its holder so it shines toward the back of the light so the glow is perfect and does not shine in my face. In fact, I rotated the other warm white light bulbs too.

I ordered a blue # 4210-xHP6 High Power 6-LED Festoon bulb for $14.95 from superbrightleds.com. I rotated this bulb the same way. When it is on and my shades are pulled, I can see my way around in the van but no one can tell I am in the van and have a light on.

Angel
I just received 3 of the festoons you used (except white) and none of the 3 work. I am calling LEDLIGHT later this am. Just ordered 3 as I wanted to test out the color.

Regards,
Keith

Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #12

I've replaced nearly all of the interior bulbs in my Airstream with these. They seem to be as bright as the old ones and have a nice yellow shade to them.

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/other/RV-1141.htm

Rick
02Chevytonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #13

I completed an upgrade to my reading lights. I used warm white LED boards and base adapters from Super Bright LEDs, Inc.

The original fixture had one 1141 incandescent bulb. My ammeter measured 1.5A draw at 12.7VDC when the fixture was on.

I replaced the 1141 bulb with a G4BP-BA15S base adapter and G4B-WWHP10-D board.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... apters.htm
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... _bulbs.htm

The first step was to remove the original bulb and install the new base adapter in the socket.

The final step was in insert the LED board pins into the base adapter.

The new LED board only draws 190 milliamps at 12.7VDC with the fixture on. I like the warm white color of the light. Illumination levels seem equivalent to original 1141 bulbs to me. The cost of the parts was about $18 per fixture - not cheap; however, the new assembly only consumes about 1/8 of the energy to do the same job!

/~fred
fmiles is offline   Reply With Quote