Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Re: Bad, and good news on my Truckfridge

I could be wrong but it seems questionable that a small dongle would cause a voltage issue making the fridge go into a limp mode. Could they give you a better reason why they think this would happen? Maybe just a glitch. Anyway I'd run it through the ropes to see if it happens again. If you're using a power port to supply power maybe it was not fully making connection??? Hate to see you have it fail again on the road.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #12

Re: Bad, and good news on my Truckfridge

Update. The fridge is working fine and I'm pretty happy with my remote temp display. I mounted my exterior sensor for my indoor/outdoor temp at various places in the fridge for a day or so each(high and low, right by the freezer, and down in the bottom drawer). It reads the same at any location in the fridge. No surprise really but it was worth experimenting. On the highest setting, 7, the fridge will get down to 32 degrees. This is with outside temps of 60s/70s in the afternoon here and 50s at night. It takes a good 24 hours for it to get down that low though. On about 5, which is where I've always kept it, it stays pretty consistently at 38 and gets there within a couple hours of turning the fridge on from room temp. My plan here is to figure out how to load my fridge where I can get drinks as cold as possible without freezing, and of course without freezing any other food. I also placed a bottle of water at different places over the past few days and the water bottle has not frozen.
Conclusion: The Truckfridge will get about as cold as you want it to without freezing. I'll be paying a lot more attention to my inside temps in the warmer parts of the year since the display is right above my head on the overhead console.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote