Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #11

I would way rather be high then low in my estimates, we will be staying in Sub zero conditions this winter mainly Friday night - Sunday day so no 3 nights which will put our DOD at less than 50% assuming the 83 Ah/day. But in case we get snowed in I'm including a 3-day estimate. If I assume we use the van every weekend that 52 cycles a year 600 / 52 = outs it at 11.5 years assuming 80% DOD each of those 52 weekends. That is longer then an AGM battery bank will likely last! Also to note the batteries will be inside so the only time they will be cold is while it is sitting at my house. On another side note my wife said **** it so I'll probably put 200W of solar on top. Thanks for all you input and don't hesitate to add something else as this may help someone in the future. Hopefully by summer I'll be able to add some heater power consumption estimates, that is if I remember!

Old 02-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #12

Hey guys,

had some family stuff come up so i never finished the electrical but i wanted to run my design by you guys to see what you thought, it should be attached. The BMS is the RedARC manager 30 and the solar is not together yet, i want to see what my overnight power consumption looks like from the Espar before i put something together. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Electrical Design.jpg  
Old 02-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I started with a single 4D 210ah battery. Later I was able to increase the size of the box to hold a second 4D battery. Being able to expand your battery system by making room for an extra battery in the future might be something to think about during the final build. Everybody has different loads so it's hard to pin down what you will really need. You also have to factor in how temps affect the batteries. Other than the weight, I've been happy with the 420ah setup and as the batteries age I'm still way ahead of a single 4D. 8 years now and I suspect my Lifeline's on on the downhill side of life but I still have enough for normal camping.
This is great advise - fabricate a rack so you have the ability to expand if needed.
Wish we had the room for a second battery under the frame - just have too much mounted already.