Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2022, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
I was seriously considering lithium as well before I bought my VMAX batteries last month. If I recall correctly, there was only one Chinese vendor making ones that would fit in the fiberglass SMB battery tubs. All other were way too tall.

The lithium chinese batts fit in the boxes in my vehicle, but they should be clamped between plywood, in my case ~3/8" and that doesn't fit by ~1/8" at the bottom width.... Height is not an issue...Perhaps Sportsmobile has more than one mold...
Now you could put one 200+ah in and split it in half and it would fit...but now there is wiring, in addition to the DC-DC and plug in charge conversions...

moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:31 AM   #12

I’ve had good luck with the Duracell AGMs from Sams Club and Batteries Plus in both of my SMBs. First set lasted 5-6 years.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:21 PM   #13

Just to wrap this thread up, in case anyone comes searching, went with LifeLine AGM's:
https://www.solar-electric.com/lifel...d-battery.html

100Ah at 20hrs, dropped right in with no real fit issues except that the positive and negative battery posts were more normal sizes than they had been on my Interstate batteries so had to redo a few ring terminals.

Got good service and quick delivery from Northern Arizona Wind and Sun, not cheap at $755 delivered but hope to get good life out of a reputable brand AGM.

First time I've had AGM batteries, will have to change a few things around (a more configurable MPPT controller etc) to treat them right for the long term.

-- Bass
basssears is offline   Reply With Quote