Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #1

Best Security System - thread ?

Greetings All,

I know I've seen some previous posts regarding van theft and security systems -just haven't figured out how to find those discussions ? Interested in reading up on that subject - and coming to a decision on what's best system ?

Thanks for any direction or input !

Stay safe out there --

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I like the Thunderbolt dead bolts, have used another brand myself but nearly the identical device(s). Mine are tied into the aftermarket alarm system, not affected by the van's normal PDL switches etc. My E-Series is a work van with little to no rear areas access so the deab bolts work perfectly. Crooks would get a few trinkets from the front seat area but nothing valuable or important.

I will point out the Thunderbolt locks have a very visible and accessible release handle which would kinda defeat their effectiveness if the protected doors aren't behind a barrier of some kind between the front seats and rear cargo area.

I crafted a similar release mechanism that is very well hidden, at least its obscured enough the common criminal would be chased away when the alarm is triggered.

I'm about to DIY install a Ravelco anti-theft device which I'll document but don't hang your hat on WHEN that will be done. Winter's here and I'm loath to do this outside now, have access to a warm(er) shop when time permits.

BTW I'm not sure if the Ravelco is included in the links Twoxentrix provided---apologies for being lazy and not looking for myself.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote