Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
Charge Wizard

I have a little charge wizard underneath the seat of my van. It has a button on it and maybe a tiny lcd screen. The square button doesn't seem like it does anything and there is no visible change to the unit itself. What is it supposed to do? I can't find a manual for it or anything.

jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Equalize button???

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #3

Mine says "MODE" next to the button.

And looks like this.....

The Charge Wizard PD9105 ( for Lead-Acid Batteries) or PD9105G (for Gel-Cell Batteries) is designed to plug into the standard TCMS port located on the front of all models of the Inteli-Power 9100 Series Converters (see drawing below). The Charge Wizard is a microprocessor-controlled unit that constantly monitors the RV battery voltage and then selects one of three charging voltages and one of four operating modes to properly re-charge or maintain the RV battery. The addition of the Charge Wizard makes your 9100 Series converter an intelligent battery charger that will safely and rapidly recharge a discharged battery by selecting the Boost Mode (14.4V) of operation. Once the battery reaches 90% of full charge, the Charge Wizard automatically selects the Normal Mode (13.6V) to safely complete the charge. The Storage Mode (13.2V) is automatically selected after 30 hours of non-use of the 12-volt RV electrical systems. The lower charging voltage
in the Storage Mode of operation reduces battery gassing and water usage, while maintaining the charge. Every 21 hours when the system is operating in the Storage Mode, the Charge Wizard will automatically switch to the Equalizing Mode of operation. The Equalizing Mode increases the charging voltage up to 14.4 volts for 15 minutes. This increased voltage mixes up the battery electrolyte and prevents battery stratification and the resulting problems of battery sulfation.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/prod_deta ... _9105.html
2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
Thanks for the info...

Thanks for the information. Here is a PDF reference manual for those that like to keep these things in their binder with all their other manuals.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/prod_deta ... 20Card.pdf

Now I know.. Thanks guys!

Joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #5

Charge wizard issues

Last summer a good friend of mine brought out his new lance slide overhead camper to colorado and the charge wizard died on him leaving him with no power for the rest of the week, with temps dropping into the teens he was a bit aggravated to say the least. When he got home he called the place he bought it. And they said they were sorry normally any rv that goes through their store gets the charge wizard removed and replaced with a different brand. When took the camper in for the service work the tech showed him a pile of charge wizards that all came off of brand new campers and told him they do that because it's not worth making the customer angry when he brings it back for warrenty work because they all go out.
Hope that helps, You may try to do some research on them to see if it is common to have problems with them. Other than that I know nothing about them.
Derek
72 bronco aod injected 351 4 linked arb f/r 38in swampers
72 bronco 302 c4 soon to be 4bt w/ 5speed 4 inch lift 33 swampers
81 cj 7 in pieces at the moment injected twin turbo 401
ktm 525 exc, 620sx,
62 caddy convertible waiting for me to install 2007 northstar
dsw4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
uh oh.... maybe I better look under my seat......
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote