Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #11

Re: CPAP Use Overnight?

The standard plugs wont work with just the batteries. You have to be plugged in to use them. If you have an inverter, thats where you would plug in your appliances on just battery power.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #12

I use the OEM 12V Power Supply which plugs into a 12V port for my PR System One REMStar 60 Series AutoCPAP. I only have 1 small house battery and it powers it for at least 2 nights without a problem. I do leave the humidifier and heated hose at home though. A battery pack is also available for this one and most other 12V compatible models. Now that the Flexible Spending Account is recharged I've been thinking about getting the battery pack.
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatO
... Now that the Flexible Spending Account is recharged I've been thinking about getting the battery pack.
Or maybe a new house battery?

Purely for medical reasons of course.

Herb
Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWagonHo
Here is my CPAP information:

ResMed
100-240V 50/60Hz
110V 400Hz 2.5A
DC: 12V, 2.5A
You can connect your CPAP directly to your van batterie(s) or any other 12Vdc source that can supply at least 2.5A. (Your van battery or van house batteries can supply 2.5A for a long time) Put a 3A fuse in line in the cable on the red (+) side. A cigarette lighter (or other connection) to the battery will work fine. You can buy everything you need for this at radio shack or for much less $$ online at Digi-Key or Mouser.

Let's say you have a 100AH battery, which is good for 50-60 amp hours (you don't want to drain a battery much less than 1/2 of it's capacity). Running your CPAP for 8 hours is 8 hours x 2.5 amps = 20 amp hours......you could go three nights in a row without starting the van without issue.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote