Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2023, 03:29 PM   #1

Cruise Control install in Northern NV

Hi - I have a 2009 Ford E350 6.0 with a Sportsmobile 4x4 RB50 build and I want to add Cruise Control to make Great Basin crossings more comfortable. My limited research has led me to Rostra P# 250-9501-E. I Have been unable to find anyone in Reno that will install this kit. Does anyone out there know of a better solution or of a shop in Northern NV that would help me install the Rostra kit?

level8dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 10:13 PM   #2

I don't know of any shop there but I did install this kit on a 2009 6.0L. It's pretty straight forward and doable in a few hours.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:15 AM   #3

On my 2009 6.0, all I needed was a new clock spring and a steering wheel with the right buttons.
Be careful, the ford buttons on the steering wheel are the same plastic as the trucks of the same era, however they have different resistance values.
You dont need one of those kits. Just a clockspring and a wheel w/ buttong out of the same year/ish van.

You can verify the buttons working w/ FORSCAN once you get it put together, by looking at the PID's coming out of the SJB/GEM module.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:10 PM   #4

Thanks Guys - I am not real comfortable with working on the electrical system but if I can't find an installer I will have to go down one of the options on my own.
level8dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 01:18 PM   #5

You can do it!!
Pull your battery, wait 10 minutes, follow the factory spec to replace the clock spring with a new one (more wires), hook up all the harness, have cruise.

desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote