Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 04:12 AM   #31

I want to thank Twoxentrix for the feed back.
Wondering if I'm suffering from security paranoia.
I installed the RAVELCO and think I'm going to go with that.
I have installed the 2 decals in the windows.
Is there pro and con feelings about telling the bad guys what their facing?

HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #32

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
I have installed the 2 decals in the windows.
Is there pro and con feelings about telling the bad guys what their facing?
LOL, of course there is! Mine: I put the stickers on. If it’s somebody who knows what they’re doing, I’d rather they knew what they’re facing BEFORE they break the window and maybe it’ll inspire them to just move on. If not, they’re gonna see that nice big Ravelco key button anyway when they do get in.

Security paranoia? What’s that?
Old 01-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #33

Thank, you my paranoia is fading........less anxious, confusing feelings about going with my Ravelco....no more security trama........
Ravelco and the blinking red light are now my go to protection.
I'm ready to hit the road......feeling good.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #34

Garage
Cool! That’s where you want to get to!
Old 10-06-2021, 04:11 PM   #35

@JWA,
Does Ravelco Suggest any wires specifically for the ESeries (or F series for that matter)?
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:21 PM   #36
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsherpa View Post
@JWA,
Does Ravelco Suggest any wires specifically for the ESeries (or F series for that matter)?
They do not---in fact there are nothing but warning labels inside the box, Ravelco seems to rely on their "factory training" and the installer's ability to improvise which circuits would be interrupted.

My thoughts were to break the starter circuit wiring found behind the Central Junction Box, aka inside cabin fuse box. I would also extend two wires to the far right/passenger side tapping into the fuel inertia cut-off switch.

If either of those circuits are interrupted and there's a siren blaring while the crooks are inside the vehicle they'd most likely be more interested in leaving the scene than continue their assault.

Boywonder did find a way to temporarily find the way to remove the CJB for access to the back where the starter relay circuit fuse wiring can be cut and the Ravelco spliced in---thanks once again for sharing that with me.

BTW I have mentally devised a poor man's Ravelco device utilizing Ford wiring harness connectors. A quick trip to the salvage yard with a few tools and knowledge where to look on any E-Series would give you the parts needed.

Do keep in mind this is a project under development in my head at the moment however I might be able to make a mock up of sorts showing how it would work. If it goes as I think it would require probably a bit of wiring and splicing knowledge/experience would be most helpful.

It would NOT be as pretty as a real Ravelco but would work just as well if carefully concealed from everyone but the driver/owner.
JWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post

BTW I have mentally devised a poor man's Ravelco device utilizing Ford wiring harness connectors. A quick trip to the salvage yard with a few tools and knowledge where to look on any E-Series would give you the parts needed.

Do keep in mind this is a project under development in my head at the moment however I might be able to make a mock up of sorts showing how it would work. If it goes as I think it would require probably a bit of wiring and splicing knowledge/experience would be most helpful.

It would NOT be as pretty as a real Ravelco but would work just as well if carefully concealed from everyone but the driver/owner.
I've been curious along the same lines.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:15 PM   #38

https://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/ has RAVELCO's for $100.
I've ordered one.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:10 AM   #39
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsherpa View Post
https://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/ has RAVELCO's for $100.
I've ordered one.
I'd grab two---even though they're "expensive" you'll always be able to recoup your money without hesitation.

In your PM you've lept too far forward so for the time being forget my mentioning specific mating connector pairs. My intention was NOT to have anyone access those connectors for any bit of modification and/or use in a Ravelco installation.

Check your PM's for my phone number--that will be easier I think.
JWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #40

I.[QUOTE=JWA;About the Ravelco as I ponder its installation I'd be glad to see a version that'd include a third "channel" which could be used to defeat the shift lever lock-out solenoid when the cap is removed. I[/QUOTE]

Great idea
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote