Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #11

Re: Do 12V DC plugs work on van battery or house battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrray
Do the 12V DC plugs work on the van battery or house battery? quote]

I have a dead DC outlet in the rear that sportsmobile installed and I can not for the life of me figure out where the connection leads to. Sportsmobile installed a sink with a microwave under the sink. There is an electrical panel on the front of the sink that has two 110 outlets, a DC outlet, and a switch for the water pump. Everything works accept the DC outlet. The wires from the outlet (one red and one white) disappear into the conduit and based on the colors of the wires and what I can see that is plugged into my fuse panel do not seem to end up at the fuse panel. Tested the wires that connect to the DC outlet and no power to the wires.

Ideas?

Many thanks.
The only thing I could suggest is look for a GFCI tripped switch on one of the outlets. If that has tripped everything wired from that outlet will not have power.

Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #12

"The only thing I could suggest is look for a GFCI tripped switch on one of the outlets. If that has tripped everything wired from that outlet will not have power."

The GFCI outlet isn't tripped and seems to be working fine. Everything plugged into it works fine. I just have no clue what the DC outlet is wired to? I guess I should just contact Sportsmobile...I'll post some pics of my setup which sounds like the same set up as what has been mentioned. I'm wondering if this outlet was meant for the CB radio? I tested the wires that run to the dc outlet and there is no power to them so I need to figure out where these wires go. Thanks again for the help.
Always looking...4x4 Van 19ft or shorter. Sleeps 4 - two together, two separately; 4 forward facing seats with shoulder seatbelts, interior shower, water heater, 110 power, sink, aux. heat, aux air conditioner, aux. battery, generator - all at a price a school teacher could afford...help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage

My 12 volt power outlets are fused under the back seat same as Jacks.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #14

GFCI is for the 110v system, it shouldn't affect 12v power outlets.

My underbed fuses are limited, there are only 6, which is not enough for one each power outlet. Two are dedicated to the CO alarm and propane detector, and I don't remember which of the rest go to what, but there certainly aren't enough to have one power outlet on one fuse- so if nothing else is out, it's probably not those fuses.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #15

I believe there are two 30 Amp circuits one for Passenger side and one for the driver side of the vehicle. I suspect that the outlet Would be to the side it was on. Of course that would also power lights on that side.
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77
I believe there are two 30 Amp circuits one for Passenger side and one for the driver side of the vehicle. I suspect that the outlet Would be to the side it was on. Of course that would also power lights on that side.
That's the thing everything on the side that has the dead DC outlet works. I'm thinking this DC outlet is not wired to anything, yet there are wires coming out the back of it? Where they end up is a mystery...
Always looking...4x4 Van 19ft or shorter. Sleeps 4 - two together, two separately; 4 forward facing seats with shoulder seatbelts, interior shower, water heater, 110 power, sink, aux. heat, aux air conditioner, aux. battery, generator - all at a price a school teacher could afford...help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #17

Does the rim have ground? Your other ports work for the same device?