Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2021, 04:54 PM   #1

Do you know where this goes?

Just bought a 2006 SMB with 6.0 PSD. There were some electrical issues going on and previous owner removed this circuit breaker and cable. Where do they install?

He said on the frame rail under passenger door, but I’m not finding the mount holes or wiring that would line up.

Also, if it have pic of how the wiring installs, that would be most helpful
Attached Thumbnails
653401AC-43BC-4A19-BF76-8F177382E94A.jpg  

leblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #2

Without knowing what they are supposed to connect to it is going to be very difficult to answer your question. The circuit breaker you show is not specific to Sportsmobile.

Here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005168BAE...55ZC8PZPN4KXTR

Same with the wire, nothing SMB specific about it in my opinion. Did the PO tell you anything about what was connected to them previously at all?
Old 03-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben10281 View Post
Without knowing what they are supposed to connect to it is going to be very difficult to answer your question. The circuit breaker you show is not specific to Sportsmobile.

Here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005168BAE...55ZC8PZPN4KXTR

Same with the wire, nothing SMB specific about it in my opinion. Did the PO tell you anything about what was connected to them previously at all?
Just that it was connected along the passenger frame rail.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #4

Garage
Outback ExtremeAire compressor. Mine is mounted on the frame just forward of the battery boxes - from there it goes to a relay mounted about 6" forward of that - then power routes to the Air compressor.
Do you have an air compressor mounted underneath? If not, it may have quit on the previous owner and they just pulled it.
About 2yrs ago (I think) I replaced the Pressure Switch, Relay, and Circuit Breaker because my compressor stopped working, At first I thought I fried the compressor by drowning it in high water...but after hooking jumper cables to it she started right up. I didn't want to go through these three components to decipher which was the culprit so just changes all three out and it has run great since.

EDIT: They have the 30, 40, 50. and 80amp listed on their site
https://www.extremeoutback.com/produ...c-accessories/
Old 03-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Outback Extreme Air compressor. Mine is mounted on the frame just forward of the battery boxes - from there it goes to a solenoid mounted about 6" forward of that - then power routes to the Air compressor.
Do you have an air compressor mounted underneath? If not, it may have quit on the previous owner and they just pulled it.
I do have an air compressor...and it works. Previous owner said father in law removed the CB for some reason...and tied the the cables together, bypassing the CB. I just need to find out where this was installed and replace it. I'll trace the compressor wiring
Old 03-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc View Post
I do have an air compressor...and it works. Previous owner said father in law removed the CB for some reason...and tied the the cables together, bypassing the CB. I just need to find out where this was installed and replace it. I'll trace the compressor wiring

I would ring out the CB first to see if it even works before reinstalling it. It could be stuck open or closed.

Herb
Old 03-10-2021, 07:11 PM   #7

Garage
Here is the installation diagram I received from Peter at SMW:
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...cture40913.jpg

Old 03-10-2021, 07:23 PM   #8

Garage
This is a view from the ground looking up towards the frame rail (battery box is on the left, breaker just to the right of that )
Old 03-10-2021, 08:44 PM   #9

Garage
Twoexentrix is correct.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:39 AM   #10

Leblanc, it looks like your circuit breaker there is missing a post anyway, which would render it dead and likely beyond repair. They are cheap if you do decide to replace it but as I stated in your other thread I would personally try to get away from mounting things like this outside the vehicle as you move forward. It might require a hole in the floor now and then but not necessarily. SMB has already put plenty of those in your floor that you can use to run wiring.

If your air compressor still works I'm thinking they probably just bypassed the circuit breaker.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote