Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #1

E150 Door locks

Hello to all, so glad to have found this site. I have a 97 conversion van that I want to better equip for more than just hauling people. Dealing with some rust issues and some poor maintenance at the moment before I deep dive into the conversion. The van didnt come with a remote fob but has power door locks. Ive had the drivers switch activate all the locks a couple of times but for the most part it only operates the drivers door. Ive located the infamous RKE module and all the relays click with the switch activated. Is there a body wiring diagram available or does someone know the colors of the wires so I can test each door from the rke module plugs.

AlKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #2

Try this search link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1997...RQQ0pC7EF7lJ3M

Quite a few diagrams under images
Old 08-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #3

Thanks. Been through all the google searches. Tested the switch into the RKE from both front doors. The rear switch was cut off at some point. What Im really trying to figure out is what colors exit the RKE so I can send +/- 12v to each door as a test. The diagrams say pink /blk and pink /orange but in looking inside the door, Im not seeing ether of those combos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Try this search link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1997...RQQ0pC7EF7lJ3M

Quite a few diagrams under images
Old 08-01-2022, 05:54 PM   #4

Did you see this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A4F48DBE-94D4-4741-B177-1493F93AA500.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	45076
Old 08-16-2022, 05:00 PM   #5

Yes I did. That pointed me in part of the direction. The others from the google search mentioned above filled in the rest. Ive attached the offending connector which has more wires than shown. The descriptions on the drawing are not the best ether but its close. I spent about an hour on Saturday testing all the wires in and out of the keyless remote box and have determined its the issue. The relays in the RKE click and function but nothing gets to the doors. By feeding +/-12v manually Ive now mapped all the wires and am going to use a cheapy keyless entry box to bypass the RKE. For those that have used one, can you trigger all 4 door actuators on one set of outputs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Did you see this one?

Attachment 45076
Attached Thumbnails
RKE pinout 1.jpg  
Old 11-23-2022, 09:50 AM   #6

Follow up & a solution

Sorry this is a bit long winded but it provides a $30 solution to dead keyless modules. After a lot of probbing of the keyless entry module, I determined that it was no longer operational. Reading online many had good results using cheap keyless kits from Amazon. I chose a kit from Lanbo.

Wiring diagrams above and online helped ID the appropriate factory door lock wires. I was able to make the keyless entry work but not the switches in the door which required the factory module. By using the type D diagram from the 12volt.com web site I got the door switches working.
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/...-locks.asp#3wp

By moving the output of the keyless module to the relays I could lock and unlock using the remote but only unlock with the door switches. By adding a blocking diode to the output of the keyless all works as it should. Wiring instruction on the keyless entry arent the best and reference a factory module which is replaced by the relays. The keyless box activates, lights, horn etc. Hope this helps someone down the road.