Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2021, 10:06 AM   #1

Electric out

Electric out on interior lights and water pump on Sportsmobile van.

apprill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Kinda vague question but most have a higher amp 12 volt breaker at the 12v fuse panel. I'd probably start there.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Kinda vague question but most have a higher amp 12 volt breaker at the 12v fuse panel. I'd probably start there.
Breakers did not trip. Fuses look good. Lights and electricity to water pump only thing that is not working. Refrigerator and microwave have electricity.
apprill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:12 PM   #4

The general layout for Sportsmobile has been wall lights on the driver side, ceiling lights , and the water pump all are sourced via the 30 amp driverside circuit. The water pump and ceiling lights have have additional inline fuses. I would check the 30 amp fuse. You really need to check with a meter. In a pinch you could swap out the two fuses between the passenger and driverside, and see if it follows the fuse.

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #5

Garage
You're going to need a meter or at least a 12v test light. Check for 12vdc at the line side of the switches. It's a stretch but it's possible that you have had a failure of light bulbs and pump at the same time. I have encountered global lamp fails on a large scale before. No one wanted to believe it until I started pulling out lamp after lamp.The pump on my van has fuse right at the pump. I have read posts where there are fuses buried under the upholstery around the pop top channel. As always check the grounds.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #6

I had a similar problem with lights on one side of my Sportsmobile. The problem turned out to be a connector on the back side of the fuse panel that was not fully seated. When troubleshooting, I noticed that one connector was sticking out a little more from the back of the panel than the others. Pushing that connector in fixed my problem. So try to look at the back side of the fuse panel for possible loose connections.
KenInRockwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:15 PM   #7

My main ceiling light is out (12 volt) and per Scalf77 suggestion I pulled back the gray fabric at driver corner of PH top - by removing the narrow wood panel running above cab seats - found what looks like regular house lamp cord - with a "10 amp" inline fuse - not 7.5 amp fuse. I replaced fuse - but still no ceiling light. Have not checked fuse panel under bed yet.
My water pump is still working (unlike mentioned in previous post above). I'll check fuse box for the 30 amp in the morning - its 95 degrees right now.

Also - I thought my StarCool AC compressor was failing and tripping the main shore power breaker in my storage unit - but after my wife watched the thermometer on StarCool vents as I drove around - reading 60 degrees - so all good there ! - could what's shorting the ceiling light (?) also trip the main breaker for shore power - being only 12 volts ?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
My main ceiling light is out (12 volt) and per Scalf77 suggestion I pulled back the gray fabric at driver corner of PH top - by removing the narrow wood panel running above cab seats - found what looks like regular house lamp cord - with a "10 amp" inline fuse - not 7.5 amp fuse. I replaced fuse - but still no ceiling light. Have not checked fuse panel under bed yet.
My water pump is still working (unlike mentioned in previous post above). I'll check fuse box for the 30 amp in the morning - its 95 degrees right now.

Also - I thought my StarCool AC compressor was failing and tripping the main shore power breaker in my storage unit - but after my wife watched the thermometer on StarCool vents as I drove around - reading 60 degrees - so all good there ! - could what's shorting the ceiling light (?) also trip the main breaker for shore power - being only 12 volts ?
A couple of things here. Since your fuse was not blown one would doubt it is shorted out, is it both ceiling lights? At some time you need to make some measurements with a meter. Find a good ground that works for measuring 12 volts, you could then measure at the fuse holder before it goes to the ceiling. If there is voltage there you need to measure at switch on the light. If you are still seeing power there, then you may want to check the ground at the light. Just move from the common ground you are using to a ground at the light. Most of the sportsmobile grounds get screwed to the body. If they loosen up the circuit will become open and never make it back to the battery.

On the starcool, when driving you are not using the 120 volt compressor, so it working while driving doesn't mean the compressor doesn't have issues. It would be very hard to tie the ceiling light and starcool breaker going off.

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote