Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
Site Team

Re: Fantastic Fan questions

Fair enough. They do have different colored domes (not to mention insulated domes) which let in varying amounts of light.

Herb

Old 11-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #22

Can anyone tell me what the max heat you can use them in and still get a nice breeze?

Edited:
Answered my first question myself,
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #23

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrasport12
The other reason for not liking over the bed is it lets in way too much light weather the lid is opened or closed plus the fan blades act like a mirrored ball/disco light when the sun hits it sometimes.
I painted my cover black with Krylon Fusion. It cuts out all light now when it's closed.
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #24

Does anybody have a reason to go with the translucent "smoke" lid over an opaque one? Based on what I'm reading here most find the skylight effect of the semi-transparent lids to be a nuisance. Any differing opinions?
North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #25

I like the light. I find it pretty easy to put a Reflectix square in it when I want it dark. The smoke one still lets in a good bit of light. I've had both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #26

I like the light too. I purposely replaced the smoke colored dome that came with the vent with the clear "double" dome. I like it pretty much all the time, but especially for those times when I'm someplace where I want privacy but don't want to be in a cave.

Oftentimes I've seen it done where the four corner screws that hold the garnish (inside trim piece) on are snap studs instead of plain screws (snap studs that have screws as part of their makeup). Then a square panel of blackout or insulation can just be snapped up to the corners for those times when light is not wanted. Of course if it's never wanted, then an opaque dome might be the way to go.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:18 PM   #27

Garage
We got the smoke cover, would probably prefer opaque at least over the bed area. I like to sleep in sometimes...
Old 08-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #28

Thanks for the input guys. I plan on putting the fan in the middle of the van, so being forced to rise with the sun may not be an issue. I'm tempted to go opaque, but the logical decision would be to get the smoke lid - can always black it out.
North is offline   Reply With Quote