Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #1

Flashlights/LED

I found a very informational site while researching LED Flashlight's and Lantern's for the EB-50 . This site provides test result's for all of the major LED light Mfg's. I had planned to purchase 2 more L2 Surefire light's for the SportsMobile that would be placed in strategic location's and ended up finding a couple of more efficient light's at a quarter of the cost . Check it out girl's and Boy's .
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
But I don't see the link???

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
OK...found it on your other post

Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #4

In its day, this was probably the best website of its kind. Unfortunately, it was a volunteer effort and the author stopped updating it a couple of years ago. The flashlight world changes constantly, especially the LEDs, and many of the modesl reviewed are no longer available or have been upgraded (e.g., the Inova T Series).

Candlepower Forums is where you want to go for current ( ) information.

See http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/
Old 09-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage
I'll check it out. I'm looking to add a set of brake lights to the Aluminess bumper maybe utilize the same cutout that the Hella backup lights are mounted in. I need to fine a very thin strip that will work as blinker, tail and brake lights that won't get in the way of the backup lights.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
I'll check it out. I'm looking to add a set of brake lights to the Aluminess bumper maybe utilize the same cutout that the Hella backup lights are mounted in. I need to fine a very thin strip that will work as blinker, tail and brake lights that won't get in the way of the backup lights.
We have mounted an LED marker, brake and turn indicator light up on the rack. It is a thin strip of LED lights that work as noted. They are pretty darn effective for the size. We got them at:

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/stt/53-4400.htm

I am sorry that I don't have a picture of the unit mounted at the rear of the rig. The following is a picture of the front unit. It is marker lights only, but the rear looks the same except that it uses red LED's.

They have other LED lights as well. By the way, I just replaced the factory tail lights with aftermarket LED tail lights. They look almost identical to the factory brake, running and turn indicator assembly but they use a panel of LED's for the red (not the reverse light) brake, turn and running light funtions. Just installed and haven't seen them in the dark yet. We'll see.

In between rigs at the moment.
https://www.overlandtraining.com/ Overland Certified #OC0008
Blackeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage
Thanks Blackeye just what I'm after. My brake lights are somewhat blocked by my box and spare. Just a little insurance helps and I have always wondered if it's a reason to be pulled over...don't need that
Dave.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeye
...They have other LED lights as well. By the way, I just replaced the factory tail lights with aftermarket LED tail lights. They look almost identical to the factory brake, running and turn indicator assembly but they use a panel of LED's for the red (not the reverse light) brake, turn and running light funtions. Just installed and haven't seen them in the dark yet. We'll see.
Blackeye's new LED taillights look great. I saw them after I followed him out of the parking lot where I gave him AdventureDuo's kayak racks. Not sure if there's added function/safety there, but I prefer LEDs over incadescents.

It was very simple and inexpensive to upgrade the lamps in my Bronco, I just swapped (4) 1156 incadescents for (4) 1156 LED bulbs, and replaced the thermal flasher unit with an electronic flasher unit.

Now...long term, I want to replace the heads on my tow mirrors, with the heads from an 00-03 F-series mirrors, with the built in clearance / turn-signal lights. I'm sure I'll get right on that.

Herb
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeye
...They have other LED lights as well. By the way, I just replaced the factory tail lights with aftermarket LED tail lights. They look almost identical to the factory brake, running and turn indicator assembly but they use a panel of LED's for the red (not the reverse light) brake, turn and running light funtions. Just installed and haven't seen them in the dark yet. We'll see.
Blackeye's new LED taillights look great. I saw them after I followed him out of the parking lot where I gave him AdventureDuo's kayak racks. Not sure if there's added function/safety there, but I prefer LEDs over incadescents.

It was very simple and inexpensive to upgrade the lamps in my Bronco, I just swapped (4) 1156 incadescents for (4) 1156 LED bulbs, and replaced the thermal flasher unit with an electronic flasher unit.

Now...long term, I want to replace the heads on my tow mirrors, with the heads from an 00-03 F-series mirrors, with the built in clearance / turn-signal lights. I'm sure I'll get right on that.

Herb