Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #1

Heater quite

Good morning I have a 1998 Ford E350 7.3 the heater stopped working. I started researching it and I tried to replace the blend door actuator that didn't work so I decided to take it all apart and try to get to the blend door I've read that the blend door breaks all the time. Decided to try to take the whole dash out to get to the ductwork to remove the main duct also also I'm going to replace all the odometer cluster bulbs with LEDs and install two new cigarette lighters USB ports I ran into a brick wall and removing the dash of taking all the visible screws out that I could see and it still doesn't want to lift out I think it's being held in over by the airbag anybody have any ideas to help me out here . What's holding this dash in
Attached Thumbnails
20210607_111526.jpg   20210607_111531.jpg  

silverbacksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:01 PM   #2

You probably don’t want to hear it but my 1997 e-350 5.4 blend door broke 25 years ago. I read the manual that said the whole dash had to come out So I tried doing it from underneath and it came out. That’s all I remember. More recently ( 10 years ago) I s also pulled the heater core that was even easier without pulling the dash.
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote