Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #21

Re: Honda 2000 generator solution?

thanks Dowgars.
just curious, any thoughts on why the mfg has made it difficult to access this reset button when it appears that there are several conditions on when it might be needed? I'm sure they are aware that this unit would be mounted inside a cabinet and not out in the open plus you need to take the access cover off. Seems putting the reset button somewhere more accessible would be a better design feature, no?

windguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #22

I just talked to the rep.(a nice guy). He say's it's unusual to have to push the reset button. We may have figured out that the closeable outlet vent that SMB installed is very easy to close and may have caused a overheat condition. He is sending me a outlet vent that does not close.
dowgars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowgars
I just talked to the rep.(a nice guy). He say's it's unusual to have to push the reset button. We may have figured out that the closeable outlet vent that SMB installed is very easy to close and may have caused a overheat condition. He is sending me a outlet vent that does not close.
that's cool.
windguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #24

I am doing my best to get by without purchasing a generator and am looking for a quick fix to get me some AC power via my 110 shore power connection when boondocked. What do you guys think if I bought one of these http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/b ... -1500.aspx and plugged my 110 cord into it. Would enough juice travel through my wiring to be able to use my microwave? I would just plug my microwave directly into this thing, but my microwave is hard wired into my GFI outlet that is shore power only since I do not have an inverter installed.

Thanks, L
Always looking...4x4 Van 19ft or shorter. Sleeps 4 - two together, two separately; 4 forward facing seats with shoulder seatbelts, interior shower, water heater, 110 power, sink, aux. heat, aux air conditioner, aux. battery, generator - all at a price a school teacher could afford...help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie
I am doing my best to get by without purchasing a generator and am looking for a quick fix to get me some AC power via my 110 shore power connection when boondocked.
Isn't that the base system, you plug into shore power and the outlets are powered with 110v? Then a charger is added the tops the batteries off the 110v, or an invertor is added inline to handle the charging and some load. Neither are necessary to the shore-power-to-outlet system?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #26

Basically I would like to be able to power my 110 outlets and appliances with the xantrex box in the same manner as if I was running a generator. Wondering if anyone has ever tried this with one of these?
L
Attached Thumbnails
xp-powerpack-1500 web.jpg  
Always looking...4x4 Van 19ft or shorter. Sleeps 4 - two together, two separately; 4 forward facing seats with shoulder seatbelts, interior shower, water heater, 110 power, sink, aux. heat, aux air conditioner, aux. battery, generator - all at a price a school teacher could afford...help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #27

AC Powered Products Watts1 Hours2
Radio 8 40 hrs
Portable stereo 20 19 hrs
13” TV-VCR 100 3 hrs 30 min
Fax machine3 120 3 hrs
18 cu. ft. refrigerator 150 3 hrs
Computer with 15” monitor 200 1 hr 42 min
Hedge trimmer 230 1 hr 12 min
Circular saw (up to 12 amps)5 900 15 min
Microwave oven 1000 10 min

From their manual, above use and times. I would say you could plug it in, you would want to probably make sure your charger is off, so as to not drain any power off of it. Any reason you don't want to just go to an inverter and use your house battery? Is it worth 10 min of microwave use?
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77
you would want to probably make sure your charger is off, so as to not drain any power off of it. Any reason you don't want to just go to an inverter and use your house battery? Is it worth 10 min of microwave use?
Thanks for the tip on the charger forgot that the aux battery charges while driving and while plugged into a generator or shore power. I would love an inverter, but per sportsmobiles published prices a 2000 watt triplite will cost me $1389 installed and this doesn't include the bigger battery I would need to buy as well. I would do the install myself, but don't know much about electronics and how do go about where to install it and setting up the wiring. This just seems simple, cheaper, and I do like the utility of this item. I already have a 115 amp deep cycle wet cell that I can piggyback onto the power pack to give me more amp time.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #29

Quick question about the Honda2000 generator. Does anyone store it in the vehicle while driving? I don't have any external storage solutions at the moment and am wondering since it is filled with gas will it make my van smell like a gas tank.

Thanks, Jason.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta

On my Yamaha 2000, you can shut off the fuel tank vent to prevent the gas smell.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote