Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2023, 02:50 PM   #1

Identify Switch

Can't find any reference about this switch. Guessing some of you can tell me what it's for. Thanks

Tried to load a photo but I find no evidance that it loaded. So I guess the next question is how to load photo. I read some of the techniques to load them but there's no photo showing up on my end and my page doesn't show any of the things that other people seem to have used to load.

The switch has a red light and at the top position it says "Radio Extra Battery" and the bottom position says "Radio Van Battery", It's located on the wall under and to the left of the sink on my R50.

dogsandcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 03:43 PM   #2

Garage
When your Van is not running, you can position the switch to run your stereo using the house battery without having the van running (or your key in the Ignition). If you use this option, make sure you switch back to car battery (in most cases the stereo will continue to pull power and could drain your house battery).
Important to note; if you use the stereo while on house battery it could pull quite a bit of amps (depending on your stereo and if you have an Amp - it could be more than you’re willing to expel). We just use Bluetooth speakers and our phone play list…more convenient & mobile.
Old 04-07-2023, 03:58 PM   #3

Loading photos..........

Click on "sportsmobile photos" near the top of the page. Scroll down to the bottom of that page; you should see your photo album. Click to open your photo album.

Click on "upload pictures" on the left side of the page near the top. Upload your photos.

For a photo that you want to paste into a post........

Click on that photo to open it; below the image are two links........copy the "BB code" link. Navigate to your post and paste that link in your post.

.....and voila! bob's your uncle.....

I usually do this in two window tabs.....have your post in one window tab and the photo stuff in another window tab.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 09:04 AM   #4

Awhile ago I contacted the switch company and they referred me to this eBay seller if it’s the same switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39299575881...Bk9SR_Li8JXsYQ

I was thinking my switch was bad because when flipped to extra battery is was still drawing off the engine starting battery. That’s just how it’s designed/wired but I found a good enough solution. I’m now running a 4 channel amp(Rockford Fosgate R2-300X4) to the speakers and the amp is powered off the house batteries which greatly reduced the draw off the starting battery. The starting battery still turns on the head unit but it’s not providing power to the speakers anymore.

So head unit with RCA’s running back to the amp(near house battery). Then a 9 wire speaker cable from the amp directly to the speaker wires behind the head unit. Stock speaker wiring can handle 50 watts plus your speakers will sound a lot better then being powered off the head unit. If you want to continue to improve sound quality add boom mat shallow speaker baffles and sound deadner behind the speaker and on the mounting surface. Boom mat also makes a spray that after I installed a square of sound deadner behind the speaker I sprayed the inside door cavity to hit all the nooks and crannies. I used a hand held duster to clean the inside of the door cavity.
Lazy_Daves is offline   Reply With Quote