Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #31

Glad to see that KISAE was able to answer your question. I do have relays on both the input and output of the KISAE on my own rig. And turn them on and off when at will. I did reach out to KISAE after reading your post also, Ricardo said that I was the second person asking that recently. I would tend to think that their design was intended to handle this. Their approach is simple and effective.

Removing the input from alternator/ start battery is really no different than an ACR disconnecting under heavy load.

greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #32

Garage
Scalf77, Maybe I missed this somewhere but how are you handling the AC charging side of things? I have brand new AGM starters and 4 new AGM 6v batteries. I'm still running 2006 SMB electrical system plus the added Balmar monitor which I installed with the new house batteries. I read this whole post and really feel like the system that's currently in my rig is not doing the best for all my new batteries. I also added a 200 amp alternator so I feel like I need to solve this either mentally or with new chargers and isolators.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #33

I have a Magnum Energy inveter/charger in my rig. We need to meet up and update your Balmar don't we. The most import thing for your new batteries is to bring them back to a full charge as soon as possible. This is usually best done with a shore charger (especially this time of year in PNW).

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #34

Garage
Definitely would love to meetup. I am in Tualatin. I leave my van on shore power every night and maybe the SMB charger works fine for that. Let's get something on the calendar. I'll PM my cell.