Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

KISAE Abso 2000 Compact Pure Sine Inverter Charger

Hello comrades and wise ones.

Looking to upgrade my smb from what I presume came from smb west.

Currently, have a Progressive Dynamic 60A converter charger with wizard. I have a single Lifeline 4D AGM 210ah house battery,

Would like to swap it out for an inverter Charger combo mainly to power the HP TOUCHSMART 520 all-in-one PC for the kids during our long drives on trips and also for the smart charging capabilities to top off our house battery from the occasional shore or generator power source. Lastly, I’d like to add a small microwave so it would be nice to be able to use that as well as plugging in a MacBook and a SLR camera battery charger although all these items would be used quite infrequently.

Limited to no reviews on this product. Imho it seems Priced right for a pure sine inverter/charger.

1) What are your thoughts on this product?
2) Do you have a better product recommendation?
3) Is 2000 watts overkill?
4) are the charging specs ok for my Lifeline 4d agm battery?

KISAE Abso 2000 Compact Pure Sine Inverter/Charger
https://www.donrowe.com/KISAE-Abso-2...p/ic122055.htm

Thanks in advance.

Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #2

So I have installed a few KISAE products and have found them well made, and on the occasion where a failure was partially caused by the operator error, their support was excellent, they sent out a new unit.

First lets answer your questions
KISAE Abso 2000 Compact Pure Sine Inverter/Charger Charging specs.

55 amp max input, with four battery settings, Flooded, Gel, AGM, and Fixed Voltage.
The AGM setting gives you a Bulk, of 14.3, Absorption of 14.3 and a Float of 13.4 The unit does not have the capability of temperature feedback.
The Lifeline spec calls out for Absorption of 14.3 and Float of 13.3 volts at 77°F
So the charging specs are pretty good match for your battery with the exception of one thing, no battery temperature feedback. If your charging will only be done around the temperature of 77°F, this would not pose a problem. See chart below

Now, on to the inverter part. It should be noted that while this is a pure sine inverter, it is high frequency inverter. For the explanation of the difference of a high frequency and low frequency I will got this link Inversion Methods Explained: High Frequency vs Low Frequency from Magnum Energy.

"
IRON CORE TRANSFORMERS AND FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTORS
There are two distinct types of industrial grade power inverters distinguished by the size of their transformers, and the switching speed of their transistors. The ability of an inverter to absorb the electrical surges inherent in certain loads like motors, pumps, and torque-related tools is directly proportional to the physical amount of iron present in the transformer. Size and tolerances of the transistors used in the inversion process, and the speed at which they operate determines the classification of high or low frequency.

INVERSION METHODS EXPLAINED
High Frequency Inverters (HF)
The large majority of inverters available in the retail market are high frequency. They are typically less expensive, have smaller footprints, and have a lower tolerance for industrial loads. HF inverters have over twice the number of components and use multiple, smaller transformers. Their application is appropriate for a wide variety of uses like tool battery chargers, small appliances, A/V and computers, but have a decreased capacity for long term exposure to high surge loads like pumps, motors, and some high-torque tools.

Low Frequency Inverters (LF)
Our UL-listed, low frequency inverters and inverter/chargers are the pinnacle of electrical durability. The massive iron core transformer is aptly capable of absorbing surge loads because of the “Flywheel Effect” inherent in the physical amount of a transformer’s iron. LF inverters have larger and more robust Field Effect Transistors (FET’s) that can operate cooler, in part due to the slower frequency of switching required to produce AC power. These inverters are feature rich to include the optional ability to hardwire additional external GFCI outlets, input of multiple DC voltages, provide regulated dual output voltages (120/240VAC), and integrate chemistry appropriate battery chargers and transfer relays for shore power.

HIGH FREQUENCY
Pros

Smaller footprint
Less expensive
Cons

Doesn’t operate well with high-surge loads like pumps and high-torque tools
LOW FREQUENCY
Pros
Runs well with high-surge loads
Operates cooler
Cons

Heavier
More expensive

"

As you can see, the high frequency inverter would meet your needs being that a 700 watt microwave would be a small appliance, it should handle the PC, and chargers also. While the peak rating on high frequency inverters is generally higher than low frequency inverters, the time frame supported is actually shorter, so a 2000 watt would probably be a good fit.

A possible better choice would be the KISAE Abso 2000, 12V Pure Sine Inverter/Charger

This is a low frequency inverter, it will do support what you want to do with an inverter. The charging parameters are pretty much the same 14.3 Absorption, and a float of 13.45 (slightly higher) Lifeline AGM float 13.3. But more importantly it has the capability to accept a Battery Temperature Sensor option, which should better track the charge parameters.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:36 PM   #3

Greg thank you for your input and your suggestion. That was the boost of confidence I was looking for before pulling the trigger. The high freq unit suits me better based on its dimension and price. Cheers! ��
Old 10-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #4

I have the Kisae 2000w in my van for about 4-5 years. Well built and have had no issues at all, in my opinion a lot better than Xantrex that I had prior to the Kisae.It powers, a Mr Coffee and a small microwave, fridg, and assorted accessories and phone and Ipad chargers.Note if your microwave has a output of 600w its going to take 1200w input to run it. The 2000 is not overkill. I would consider it minimum. The microwave definately sucks up the juice I run 2 group 31 AGMs. When I fire up the micro you can actually watch my volt meter drop. We use it for heating precooked meals I make before our trip. Highly recommend the Kisae. A good place to shop for Inverters is Donrowe.com. Great customer service and prices, the also have custom cables.
On another note: do not skimp on cable size and keep the run as short as possible, under 3’. Your looking at a min of 2/0. On a full load this this is going to draw around 160-170A so be careful when making your connections where saftey glasses, and use care , this can kill you!
Flipperfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #5

Thanks Flipperfla.

Dang you put the fear in me lol. If you have install advice I’m all ears.

When I run my 600 watt microwave I planned to have my 7.3 diesel van on charge protect with the aux idle controller.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #6

Check out Blue Sea Systems for your hardware especially their MRBF Terminal fuse blocks 30-300A what is nice you dont have to splice in a fuse holder into your harness, they mount right onto any post, dual or single. Check out their website they even have block diagrams for different systems and a great tech line. I used to do marine electronic/electric installs on the big offshore boats before I retired. Used Blue Sea all the time and never had a issue with any of their products. Fricken bulletproof! If you have any questions give me a shout I will be glad to help.
Flipperfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #7

�� thank you