Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #1

Lightforce driving/spot lights, or what do you recommend?

Hey gang,

I'm probing the information pool here for some ideas on auxiliary lighting options. I need to get some lights on the front end for all around back roads driving. I also want them for our upcoming drive down the Baja peninsula in case we get caught out after dark.

I've been reading about the lightforce brand and I'm impressed. www.lightforce.com

Couple of questions.

Does anyone have experience with lightforce?

Will the 6.5 inch ones be big enough or should I go with the Tim the tool man Taylor 9.5's?

What lights do you have and how do you like them?

Thanks, Tom.

P.S. supposed to pick up my converted to 4x4 van today. Yeehaw!!!

https://sportsmobile4x4.blogspot.com/
panion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #2

I think twolost has 'em, I'm thinking about getting some myself. Originally I was planning on getting police style a-pillar spotlights, and I still think they look the cool-est.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #3

I like them too

For quite some time I have been looking at them. I knew a guy who had them on the front of his Cherokee and he raved about them.

I have always used PIAA's and like them but for the price and features I would get the Lightforce 240's. I suggest these (they are 9-10") because the van can handle the size. i would go for the 170s on smaller vehicles. I got out some of my 6-7" piaas and placed them on my Aluminess and they look wimpy (but the light is good) so I didn't mount them.

keep in mind there are 2 models of 240s the XGT and the Blitz. What is unclear to me is that i dont know if the Blitz has adjustable focus. The website does not say that it does, though the older sets do I believe.

Again, I don't have direct experience with them but would like a set. I know of a dealer near me in Los Angeles who could maybe give us a group price if we buy several sets. I just havent pulled the trigger yet.

On another note, and a post I did earlier today under General, anyone have suggestions for upgrading the ford headlights?

Steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Site Team

I have two of the smallest LightForce lights mounted on my Bronco.

As for brightness, they're OK. They are VERY ligthweight, made of high impact plastic, are adjustable focus (narrow/wide), and you can get different lens covers. I like mine a lot. I have not seen the LF HIDs in action.

Herb
Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #5

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be going with the Lightforce ones soon. I'm still not decided on the smaller or bigger ones though. I'd probably get the larger ones if I had a decent front bumper to mount them on. Since I'm still running the stock front bumper I'll probably end up with the 170's for now.

tom.

https://sportsmobile4x4.blogspot.com/
panion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
Site Team

Tom,

At least when I ordered mine 3-4 years ago, LF offered both a high and low mount. About a 1-1.5" difference in height if I recall correctly.

Herb